Sign in to follow this  

Help required with a 'DexImport' problem.

After changing 'Airport.pod' data in VolEdit 1.2 I am unable to get DexImport to work. When I click the 'Import' button on DexImport I get the message 'Unable to open E:Fly!11SystemAirport.pod-Error code 0x20 in D:ProjectsFly2podlibmappedfile cpp, line 69'.This same error occurs on both my PC's om which Fly!2 is installed.As you will realise E:Fly!11systemairport.pod' is the correct location for the 'airport.pod-which I have just opened and been able to modify with VolEdit. However I do not have a D drive on one machine and can't see why DexImport is trying to open 'D:ProjectsFly2 etc.'DaveT

Guest nycflyer

I have a similar problem, except that it's getting the error trying to find the pod on my C drive which does not contain FlyII.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Colins2

Dave,Where is deximport installed?I have it in the Fly!2 folder and it works for me.Colin

I also have the GUI in my Fly! II folder. With the latest version (which version do you have?) Frank states that this is no longer necessary, but I placed it there out of habit and it's running well.

Randall Rocke

>After changing 'Airport.pod' data in VolEdit 1.2 I am >unable to get DexImport to work. When I click the 'Import' >button on DexImport I get the message 'Unable to open >E:Fly!11SystemAirport.pod-Error code 0x20 in >D:ProjectsFly2podlibmappedfile cpp, line 69'. >This same error occurs on both my PC's om which Fly!2 is >installed. >As you will realise E:Fly!11systemairport.pod' is the >correct location for the 'airport.pod-which I have just >opened and been able to modify with VolEdit. However I do >not have a D drive on one machine and can't see why >DexImport is trying to open 'D:ProjectsFly2 etc.' >DaveT Error code 0x20 is:"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. "It sounds like something has your POD open. You need to close anything that would have it open (Fly2, VolEdit, etc) before running DexImport.D:ProjectsFly2 is the directory on my PC where I built DexImport. It's got nothing to do with your machine - it just lets me know which line of code is producing the error.-Frank

>I have a similar problem, except that it's getting the error >trying to find the pod on my C drive which does not contain >FlyII. Was Fly2 ever on your C: drive? I read the installation path out of the registry to find where Fly lives. Fly doesn't need this key, but it's used by DexImport and other third-party programs.You can just delete the value "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARETerminal RealityFly! IIPATH" from the registry and run DexImport again. If DexImport doesn't find the key, you'll be asked where Fly is installed, and the correct value will be written to the registry for future use.-Frank

Thanks for your replies.I had the 'DexImport.gui' in a 'DexImport' folder with Fly!2.I've moved it straight into the Fly!2 directory and it works well now.Frank thanks for 'DexImport' I'll get on with putting in the missing UK GA airfields around London now and thanks Colin for 'TerraShape'. It has enabled me to place my aerial picture accurately using the Fly!2 airfields as a guide. I needed to rotate that pic I showed you Colin 1.8deg clockwise and scale it up 12% but I should be able to upload 'Heathrow scenery' soon which will complement the recent 'EGLL' rather well.DaveT

Guest Colins2

Hi Dave,That's great news.From the pic that you sent me, the scenery should be 'something else'!Colin