Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Where does TS2.1 Save the new Rendered Scenery?

Guest juvat2

Hi Folks,Just got Fly II, updated with .210 and .230. I created a new project and selected render. After Rendering, where does TS save the new scenery? When it was done its status window was blank. What would be its file ext and where would I put this new rendering in the Fly II directory? Does Fly II automatically use the new scenery or must I use an additional tool or command to activate it?I've downloaded and read the new TS tutorial, it seems more directed towards folks who are familiar with its use. Searched the forum old and new for these kinds of questions. Got a lot of hits for the advanced stuff like shadows, increasing detail of tiles, but kept missing the threads that have answers to this.My appologies in advance if these are often asked questions and have been repeatedly answered.In the general forum, I downloaded/ saved the suggestions and faq's for new Fly II owners. No mention there of basic TS facts or answers to my questions.Again thank you,Jim B.

Guest Colins2

Hi Jim,TS2 actually just produces a detailed (and very large) TGA image of your selected area. The file will be put in your ..TS2output folder where it will have the name that you chose for your project.The extension will be .TGADepending upon the options that you selected for your project, TS2 will optionally start the Fly! slicer which will transform your image into scenery tiles. You can also specify the option to make a POD file as well.We need a bit more detail about what you have actually selected/done to help further.Colin

Guest juvat2

Hi Colin,Thanks for the help there. I saw all the tga's in the output folder, but didn't know if that the "it". The scenery file that was intended for use in Fly II. the project name is gc for grand canyon. I did this just experimenting to get my feet wet so to speak on TS use. I'll paste a screen shot of the project folder. Basically what I did was used a world atlas, rand-mcnally street map etc to get the co-ordinates for the grand canyon national park area to include the gc west airport. TS started downloading tons of data from the net. Here are the project options, but generally, I let TS make its choices/ options selections.Options:Image Resolution: 7.5Image size: 33001, 24754 Area Covered: 153miles x 115, total square= 17595From TS's File, I selected integrate with Fly II, then it asked for the location of Flyslicer.exe. Got that done. Selected "Render" and TS happily started rendering. so I went and rebuilt a tranny, took a train to China and stuff and about 2 hrs or so later, I came back in and it appeared done. I expected a notice simuliar to "rendering successful and file saved as" or something, but all I had was the new window was a blank. So saved the project as gc rendered.I thought if it were successful, it would've created a new folder, or at least asked, where to save the new scenery to.In this screen shot, the top 2 files are: gc.ras and gc.rat. Below are all the tga's. After the tga's are 2 more files which puzzles me.They are Wendover.ras and Wendover.rat. That is references to a project that I started, but haven't fooled with for the Wendover area of Utah and Nevada.I'll also include one of the tga's from the output folder. Looks like it applied forest to the desert texture. I'm sure I could have controlled that, but like I said, this is just self training and will fix that (if possible) later. I assume I will need to re-render and select somehow for TS to use a desert texture? I suppose for this kind of info, this is where the new TS tutorial comes in?Thanks, Jim B.

Guest juvat2

Hi,I saw dkohls post below, so know about the texture thing now.Will knuckle down on the TS tuts for that I guess and try and not bug you all. Jim B.

Read the TerraScene manual cover to cover. It'll take you an hour and you'll figure this all out. Its a great program, but really useless if you don't read the manual. See http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID19/158.html also.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Which Manual. The 2.0 Manual or the Enhanced by Pasqual?