Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

TerraScene Amyone else with this problem?

Guest Richard Hill

I have tried to get Todd to answer this for some time now even by Email. I wonder what happened to TerraScene Support?AMD 1.44 GHzWindows XP512 MB PC133 SDRAMNivida GForce2 MX400 64 MB AGP Video Card I was told not enough hard drive space, I had 2.5 GB freeI got a new WD 7200 450GB Hard Drive reinstalled Fly!2 to 2.30 on Drive I: 6+ GB free.Reinstalled TerraScene to 2.1 on Driver G: 7+ GB free.I select me tile.TerraScene makes all the TGA's and related files.Fly2slicer starts, then BANG Error message "FLY2SLICER NOT RESPONDING"!If I Start Fly2 open Editor and import scenery NO PROBLEM!Anyone had this problem? Richard;

I frequently use TerraScene and have not had the problem you described. Have you "integrated with Fly!" under the File menu? I assume you've read the manual fully and have done so, but just checking. Also, where is TS installed relative to Fly!2 - same hard drive?-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Richard Hill

David;Yes it has been integrated with Fly.Terrascene is on G: Fly is on I:, I would not think this would be the problem, as I had done 6 Tiles before this problem started.In the Windows XP Task manager it shows Process at 30-37 and CPU useage at 100% when it stops responding.If Fly!2 can import scenery with no problem, why couldn't Terrascene get Fly!2 slicer to function.Richard;

I know Todd's been super busy at his real job. So he can probably shed additional light on this. But my gut would be to re-install TerraScene on the same HD as Fly and try again. I know you said you had it working prior, but maybe somewhere, something got screwed up.Try that. If it works, then uninstall and try the two programs on different drives again. Compare results.Let us know...-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Dean

Richard,I know you have been looking for the answer to this for a long time and nobody has been able to offer a solution. Since you've tried everything else I would certainly try putting both of them on the same drive and see if that resolves it. Let us know what happens.

Guest Richard Hill

David;I have tried this, I have only done one tile, and it went to remounting pods and locked up. I will give it another shot or two this week and see how it works out..Thanks!Richard;

Richard,The slicer's path is in "config.props" file, where you should read this line:FlyEdit.flySlicerPath=I:Fly!-IIfly2slice.exeCheck that this line is not corrupted.About TS's support, please remember that it's freeware, and support is not due. Todd seems busy these weeks. Yes, it seems there is some life outside Fly! :-)Best Regards!Pascal

Guest Richard Hill

Pascal;I do have that line, the problem is not finding FlySlice, it starts but then I get a message FlySlicer not responding.I tried David's suggestion it seemed to work OK, but locked up when it was remounting pods. The scenery was there and OK. I tried another Tile last night let it do it's thing, this morning it made it to determining tiles to process and locked up. I have tried to make a tile using FlyEditor Import Scenery setting Maximun Density to 8X8 and Subtilt tolerance to 100 ft. bur the resulting POD is only 18-23 MB where it should be 320 - 350+ MB and when I try to fly over the tile I get a message that it can not find some of the .RAW files. Guess I will just keep what I have and let Fly!2 be second on my list and use TerraScene to make Scenery for FS2002.Richard;

Guest Richard Hill

Dean;I give up! TerraScene podded one file after I reinstalled TerraScene to the same hard drive as Fly!2. I have tried several times, defragged, and so on. Sometimes it goes as far as to bring up the message about determining the tiles to process and stops. Most of the time it will not make it to that point. Seems strange that I am only having this problem, but untill I get someone to figure out what is going on I will call it quits as far as Fly!2, and terrascene for FS2002.Richard;