Sign in to follow this  

Anyone want a Panel Maker???...

Hi everyone,I'm just kicking around a few ideas here, and could do with some feedback. Basically, I was wondering if any of you guys would find a panel maker/editor useful. It would enable panels to be constructed visually, and parameters for gauges to be easily set via an interface. I would also throw in some tools to make pbg and pbm files directly from bitmaps and other such useful stuff. It would initially support the basic Fly!II gauges (all the gauges to make a decent working panel), and I'll probably put in a couple of useful custom gauges that I've found I needed whilst making the DC10.If anyone thinks this would be a good idea let me know (I don't want to get too involved in it unless people think they'll want to use it), and if anyone has any thoughts I'd be interested to know. Sadly, it would only be available for the PC (I don't have enough know how yet to implement it on the Mac).... sorry Mac guys.Also, to go along with this we could set up a series of generic systems for aircraft, then at least people who just wanted a go at making some panels could do this without having to worry about the systems side of things.Hope to get some replies,Matthew.

Guest Colins2

Mathew,This sounds like a winner!Notwithstanding the contents of Rich's post, I believe (hope) that there is a future for the Fly! series if enough development work goes on by 3rd parties.I have always wanted to build a plane, but lack the time to develop things like the panels.RegardsColin

Mathew,Sounds like an excellent idea.I have always wanted to create a Pacific Aerospace crop duster, but I don`t have a clue when it comes to panelsystems design.It would be great to have some basic technical documents which would allow users to modify the gauge graphics as well.I`m not about to give up on Fly!2, the more user friendly utilities we have available, the more we can keep Fly!2 going.Sounds great.Kind RegardsAndy

Matthew,I would love to fool with a L1011 panel as I'm genuinely to unpatient to put enough work into it, as is. --Norm

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Matthew,That sounds realy great! Then I will be able to make some panels for my planes!Cheers :-wave

Guest ben_

MatthewWhen you say you wouldn't have to worry about the systems side of things, does this mean if I add carb heat knob to the Cessna panel it would behave in the expected rpm drop/increase manner? ThanksBen

Guest Jan

This is one of the most welcomed ideas for a loooong time.Have hoped and waited for a thing like this ever since I started my own helo projects.When I'm not understanding everything about the panels, and have totry and invent the wheel over and over again,it get very frustrating.Manytimes I just want to give up.And now some light in the tunnel :)Thanks for your suggestion Matthew.I belive many people around havea wish to do aircrafts for FlyII,but like myself don't have the knowledgeand experience you have.Maybe this is the thing we need to push somemore life into our sim.Don't let it be lost.Keep it going Matthew.If alsosome of the talented 3D designers out there made some models foranybody to use,and new panels easily constructed,we would have a lotof new aircrafts available for FlyII.Maybe also many different world andpanelfiles,ready for anyone to use,for many different aircrafts/helos, single,multi engines,skid,retracting gear,basically all the different configurations needed for making all kind of aircrafts.Useful pictures fromdifferent cockpits,taken by everyone who can, would also be helpful toanyone making a panel.Maybe something for Johnnys Flysite.A completedatabase for aircraftdesign.Or maybe I'm just dreaming....Take care.Jan

Guest dajackman

YES!! I would love something like this. Keep us posted...if you need any testers let me know.-dajackman

Guest Mgarmy

This seems to me like a must for Fly developers who usually get stuck at the panel level. I have seen many talented airframe developers who simply could not get the panel issues sorted out easily. This seems like a very valuable product for all of us.Mannie

Hi. That sounds like a very good idea. Another thing that may help is to have a way to stretch / enlarge the existing panels, just the visual part of it. In some systems, with small CRTs, there is a problem with reading some of the instruments. Can something like this be added / implemented to your original App.?Thanks, TV

Guest DannyV

Count me in Matt. Excellent idea and a much needed tool if Fly is to survive.Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

Guest tonyc

Are you kidding? A panel maker would be the best thing next to FLY3.tony

Fantastic idea,If wanna testers, I'm here...Paulo Moreira(e1010677@dee.isep.ipp.pt)