Sign in to follow this  

Adding a texture???

Here's what I probably need to read... sceneryimport.zip I'll read through that and hopefully it should answer all of my questions... :)And now I find out it's pretty much useless without knowing the latitude and longitude for the lower left and upper right corners of the image... Jason

Guest ben_

JasonIf you find out I'd really love to see the result .Ben

Jason,You can do this with a program like Photoshop. First create your .tga file with Terrascene then open it in Photoshop and save it in an appropriate format. Then open your photo of the lake as well and pull it into the Terrascene rendering as a layer. You can then resize the lake so that it exactly matches the lake in the TS rendering and then collapse the photo layer onto the base TS layer. You then resave the TS rendering as a .tga file, put it back in the output file in the TS program. Start the TS rendering over again with "use existing" checked and go ahead and slice and pod the file and you should have what you want.Don

Don,The problem I'm having now is that the .tga file created by TerraScene is huge! Around 800mb.. When I try to load it in Paint Shop Pro it just freezes. :( Should I just try rendering a smaller area?I'll give that a try and see what I can do.. Thanks :)Jason

I now noticed when TerraScene is rendering the scenery it makes a few small .tga images and puts them in the output folder as it's rendering... Is it ok to use those .tga files to edit?Picture of the different .tga files that are made.. Are these the ones I should edit? I found them in the output folder and just moved them to a different folder..http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d39e39c4aaf3819.jpgHere's what I've done with one of the .tga files... Just added a small portion of the image toget an idea..http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d39e255478a5e8f.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d39e31a49769558.jpgI just want to make sure it will still work if I use the .tga files that are in the output folder as it's rendering the scenery.. So someone let me know if this is the right way to do it.. :) Thanks...Jason

Guest Colins2

Jason,Once you have finished editing the tga fragments, put them back in the output directory and re-run the render.Make sure that you have the 'use existing segments' checked and TS2 will create the large tga file from all your edited fragments.It will still run through all the d/l and render code, but when it finds the existing segment it will just move on to the next one.In effect, you will just be using TS2 to stitch together the fragments.Colin

Guest Colins2

Jason,That's a message Fly! gives out when it can't find a texture.Once you have rendered your TGS image and are happy with it, you must run the Fly! slicer program which will slice your TGA into the groun tile textures required by Fly!There is an option to run it from within TS2, which you can do on your last render.Once you are happy with Fly!ing your scenery, you turn it into a POD file for faster loading.There are lots of scenery creation tutorials on this site, some in the library and some anchored at the top of the forum pages.There is a lot of detailed info in there.Colin