Sign in to follow this  

Taxiways!!!!

Ok, This is my problem. I have read the taxiway.doc and did what it told me to do,I have created a taxiway for my home town airport (KFYV) and When I load into FLY 2 and teleport there, no taxiways, no ramps, just me sitting on the same old dull runway,I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong,Perhaps I need to buy a book intiled "Taxiways for Dummys".Any, And I do mean ANY help would be nice,Thanks ahead for the help.Happy Flyin'!

Guest Eagle

Go into the Data folder of the Taxiway program and copy the .txp, .tms and .bgr files into the Fly/Data folder. Your taxiways should show up at your airport.

>Go into the Data folder of the Taxiway program and copy the >.txp, .tms and .bgr files into the Fly/Data folder. Your >taxiways should show up at your airport. Thanks for the help Eagle, Altho that dosn't seem to be the problem,I double looked to make sure I put them in the right dir.But still no taxiway.Perhaps it is the OS I am running?I am running windows ME.I also have 192 MB rama 16 MB(I think it is 16mb) graphics card,Is there a setting in the acual simulator that I have to turn on?Do you have, or dose someone else have any sudgestions?Thanks again.David.

Guest Rob Westhouse

Your taxiway files are named FYV.bgs, FYV.txp and FYV.tms and not KFYV.bgs etc., right?USA taxiways use the three letter code, not four.http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

Ahhh, Ok, So thats what I was doin wrong...If it uses the ICAO or the FAA ID I don't see why it should matter, but I guess it dose for I re did the taxiways and it fixed the problem,Thanks!David

Guest Rob Westhouse

You are not the first to have this problem. Yes, it does make a difference. It is probably due to the way the database is constructed. Glad to see you have it working now. :-sun1 http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

I am happy I have the Taxiway working,But now I have a new problem!It wont load the plane where I told it to sink.Like I said Before,I need a Taxiway book for Dummy's!What it is doing is loading me in the MIDDLE of the runway, not at one end or the other, Or where I told it where to park the plane but in the middle!Thanks again for the help Rob.

Guest Eagle

In the Taxiway program you will see two buttons - one a green and one a red pushpin.Turn on the Vertex view, click the green pushpin and click it on the vertex where you want the plane to start.

Guest dajackman

I was wondering what those push pins did....Cool!

>In the Taxiway program you will see two buttons - one a >green and one a red pushpin. >>Turn on the Vertex view, click the green pushpin and click >it on the vertex where you want the plane to start. Sooo you have to use both Green and red!! :-eekI just used red. That is a sure way to :-hang yourself!Hmmm... anything else I need to know?TTYL:-spacecraftDavid

Guest Eagle

I don't know what the red one does. Been afraid to push it!!!

Guest Rob Westhouse

From the Taxiways DocumentSource and SinkThese are special vertices to indicate where the aircraft is initially positioned (source) and expects to be parked (sink). Select the tool and click on a vertex. Change it by selecting the tool and clicking on a different vertex. Delete it with the Cut command in the right click popup menu.I forget which one is red and which is green. Source is where the aircraft is placed at startup. The Sink is where ground traffic control will direct the aircraft to at the end of a controlled flight.http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

Ok, Now that makes since, It would be my guess that the green is the source (green for go) and the red would be sink (red for stop).When I get some time I will try that out. Thanks Rob.