Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Two Debonaire questions

Before the questions, I just wanted to say this aircraft is great and give my thanks for making it available. Now the questions.1) Where is the pilots handbook referred to in the reference tab of the kneeboard? I though there was one visible immediately after installing the aircraft, but I may be confusing it with another plane. In any case, I can't find it installed anywhere on my computer.2) Is there an avionics switch on this plane? I tried staring it with a cold cockpit and could not get the radios to turn on. I had to change to a default aircraft with an avionics switch and turn that switch on and then go back to the Debonaire.Thanks.

Use Search and "Debonair" and "avionics" and you'll see the thread.(I can't figure out how to embed a previous thread here).Can't help you about the handbook.

Guest artl

There is no avionics switch on the real aircraft, apparently.The avionics should come on with the two switches at bottom left ofcockpit.I think what you are looking for is the html explanation of the cockpit, etc. If you installed normally, using the installer.exe that Geof provied, then ot woould be installed into a directory called "geofa" under your main "FS2002" directory.A shortcut is installed into the startup menu under START | PROGRAMS | GEOFA | DEBONAIRArt.

Thanks, Art. I found the explanation. However, the two switches at the bottom left were on and my radios were still dark.

From what I can tell this could be because of two reasons. One, the default aircraft that you start fs with. Some conflict-as if your startup is one with instruments, engines that are different-then it can confuse the sim. Try saving a different startup aircraft-perhaps a default msfs (like the 172) and see if that helps.The other reason might be reality settings-I don't use them as I don't find them , well quite real. Try turning some if not all off and see if that helps. I am able to start with everything off and flip the two switches on the bottom.Hope this helps.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif