Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

Help with TS2 Scenery

Guest chezz

I'm trying to TS hong kong and tried all posibble combinatons of render options and this is what I get. Notice the side of the picture .Can you help. (water mask set, elevation set, render day set)Thank you.chris salviejo rpll

ChrisWhen TS does not have land use data it tends to place generic land tiles. I have had this happen when rendering the areas around Southern California, (the Pacific becomes solid ground). The only way I have been able to correct this is by manually correcting these areas using a photo-editing program such as Paint Shop.

Guest Colins2

Meco,Just a slight correction. When TS2 doesn't have data it will place the 'background' texture. This is user selectable and can be set to water.When Fly / Fly2 doesn't have any scenery to display, it will use the default tiles which are placed according to the TRI world map.These tiles can have their default settings changed with Ground Tile Transformer, another excellent utility from Elrond Elvish, available in the library.Colin

Also, if these are areas that are water and you are using a water mask, I believe you can quickly edit the water mask in PhotoShop, etc. to make the area water.

Randall Rocke

G'Day!You should have full - and this is very important - globe tiles downloaded. If You have only a part from a globe tile rendered, You have a frame of grond controls simple scenery. If I make a scenery, I download a full globe tile from http://www.esri.com/data/online/esri/wobmselect.htmland I zoom till "number" 4. Than I control it with the terrascene main window and I have a more than correct globe tile downloaded.Greetings mare

Hi Mare,How do you control the map with TS? I'm trying to render an area for the first time but cannot convince TS to accept my selection (always selects whole tile). Would you describe in more detail how to do it your way?thanks,Rene:-sun1

Randall,I have just started using TS in an attempt to generate scenery for the NSW coast, north and south of Sydney(Eastern Australia)I have downloaded from the site recommended by Mare and zoomed in using #4.My 5 attempts have failed i.e.the Pacific Ocean is solid ground!!!It would seem that one of my problems (I have others) could be solved with photo editing software.As Photoshop 7 retails for $AUS 1799 do you know if Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 $AUS239 is a viable alternative?Rodger Buckley.

Rodger,It appears that Paint Shop Pro would do the job, as it can open and save in 24-bit TGA format. I would suggest at least 512MB RAM, considering the file sizes. If you get into trouble memory-wise, edit with the smaller image blocks and delete the large version. When you are ready to slice the scenery, tell TS to use the existing segments and it will recreate the larger images from your edited segments.

Randall Rocke