Sign in to follow this  

For those gurus in scenery

Pls kindly let me how to fix this texture of my homeland that is move out, What is the best and easy to use to fix this problem,-TerraScene-texture switcher-Ground Type Transform best rgdsCesar

Cesar,you can easily fix this with Ground Type Transform. I did that for my hometown. All you have to know is the number of the world tile and the detailed tiles that you want to change. Go into the Fly! Editor (CTRL-E??? not sure) and as you move with the editor, you can read the tile numbers. After that, it's very easy to change them in Ground Type Control!BTW, it's a very cool utility that's not used enough in my opinion. (maybe people don't realize which possibilities it offers)Best Regards!Pascal

Tks Pascal for your promt reply, But how can I separate the city texture and the montain texture when both belong to the same tile?? rgdsCesar

Guest Colins2

Cesar,Ground Tile Transformer is very good, but it can't do what you want.You would need to source data for TS2 to work with, probably shapefiles of some sort. Then, provided the data was detailed enough, TS2 would 'paint' the different testures on the same tile for you.Colin

Tks Colin, so I have to use TS2 anyway in order to fix the problem, I'm not very familiar with shapefile where do I get it in case of latinamerica city?rgdsCesar

Guest Colins2

Cesar,The easiest way to get shapefile data is from Esri themselves.You need to get a program that they make freely available called 'ArcExplorer'.Once this is installed, you can use its built-in browsing and downloading facilities to get your data.It is fairly straightforward to use.Esri's site is here http://www.esri.com just search for ArcExplorer.Colin