Sign in to follow this  

Adding Buildings to Scenery

I created several Terrascene Scemeries. How do I add buldings to these airports. Fly 2k had an editor with which I could do this. I can't find a way to do this in Fly II. Read all the availabel doc files but found no reference.

Fly!II has a built-in scenery editor for this that is much easier to use than the separate Flyedit program of Fly!2K. Just press "CTRL + E" and you're in - you can even enter the editor while flying.Now, there are some idiosyncrasies with using the editor:1. It's best not to enter the Editor at the location you're going to edit - enter the Editor quite a distance from the site, then teleport to the location you're going to edit.2. Don't use vehicle models - some of them replicate multiple copies of themselves and kill your frame rates.3. Some of the fences will give you high frame rates.4. As soon as you save a change to your scenery, exit the sim and immediately make a copy of the directory and its contents (new scenery is placed in the Data directory - Fly! has a habit of deleting this data and you might end up losing your work. Once you have your project the way you want it, you may want to change the attributes of these files to read-only to prevent Fly! from changing or deleting them.For most scenery additions, I highly recommend using the beautiful scenery-building tool Terramodels by Allen Kriesman. It is easy to use, allows for better framerates, has a lot of versatility (and stability). Podding of scenery is a part of the process and makes it easier to share scenery.

Randall Rocke

I got into the editor but when I clicked on the building I received the error message "I believe you are missing the MU file." What is that all about? The graphic selections are not very large.