Sign in to follow this  

Cram i???

When I do a cram i in FLY editor (fly 1) it just makes the textues a .RAW but doesn't crush them liek this. How do I get it to do that??

I assume that you export the model fine but the problem is only with cramming the textures.In fly editor first you call the shape editor, than you select Q "tile texture maps" function, then you enter the parameters;model name to load: xxx.s3denter number of maps (1):1enter padding size (5):5fill gaps (y)=yenter output texture map width (256)=256enter passed texture map width (256)=256enter acceptable coverage (99)=99enter acceptable size (1)=1display texture information (n)=nis this map accepatble (y)=yenter output RAW name (xxx)=xxxpaint around borders (y)=yat this step, the process creates a crammed texture and puts it in fly!/art folder as xxx.raw and xxx.art. Even tHough you enter a wrong parameter or you get an error message the process continues.Please let us know if you get an error message somewhere like the texture not found etc..biber

That is exactly what I was doing. Must I save the model first in fly edit first?? Does anythign have to change to the textures?? Mine are exactly the same even when I do what you said (just converted into a RAW file).Justin

no, saving the model is a future step. What I described was the .raw file generation process . The raw is crammed if you have more than one texture of course and the textures must be in fly!/art folder in order to be found and crammed by the editor. Tell more about what you are doing so that we understand what goes wrong; are you exporting a 3ds max model?, how many textures you are exporting?, into which directory?, in which format?, are there are error messages like texture not found? post a screenshot of your original textures and what raw file you get...biber

I figured it out. I guess because of my textures being 256X256 they didn't cram into one. I got it firgured out now but is there any secret to textures in truespace?Justin