Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

Cockpit for the MD-82?

Guest andrewluck

I had a thought. Jean did a cockpit panel for the DC-9 which isn't a million miles from an MD-82. Would it be possible to drop this into the MD-82 and if so, what would be involved?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

Hey, that's a smiley face. I'm waiting... :-jumpy Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest dajackman

I love that DC-9 panel...its the only aircraft i us in fly...

I know how you can use the DC-9 cockpit in the MD-82! Are you using Podview???

Guest andrewluck

I do have podview.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Select all the files in your MD-82 Podview. Extract all the files to a map (call it what ever you want) in your aircraft folder! Then copy all the files in the Data map to your Data map in the directory! Do that with all the maps! Then delete your map! (That you have called what ever you want) Then go into world and find the map called MD-82.pit open it! Find the line with "cockpit input" and write the DC-9 cockpit in there! Questions???Stefan, DenmarkGood luck!!!!!!!!!!

In the MD-82.pit you have to write: dc930f2.pnl (Under "forward cockpit entry!) and then save it!!! Start Fly 2 and choose the MD-82!!!!!!Good luck (again)Stefan, Denmark

Guest andrewluck

StefanTurned out to be even easier. Took me less than 2 minutes.You just need to extract md80.pit to the world folder and edit the forward cockpit entry to adc930f2.pnl. Job done.Thanks for the pointer. Now all I need is to find the EFIS power switches on this panel. Any clues?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

Beginning to get the feel for how this stuff fits together now. The next step is getting Jean's fine sound effects for the DC-9 into the MD80. This is another really simple mod.Extract the md80.svh file from the MD80 pod into the world folder and modify the sound effects line to point to the DC-9's file (adc930f2.sfx) instead of the default Hawker file.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH