Sign in to follow this  

elevation data, europe

hello again,where can I get elevation data for europian countries, and how import them?I

ok, andrewluck thank you!BUT: how can I import the downloaded data into terrascene?!??!?!? thx madias

Terrascene will not import elevation data in any form but DEM from the USGS. To use GTOPO 30 data, you'll need to import it with the Fly!II scenery editor. I believe John Tennent posted a short tutorial on this.

Randall Rocke

Guest BOB_J

You may also use the Digital Terrain Elevation Data level 0, it's milspec and accuracy is fairly good. Dted2fly (avsim library) is a small program you can use to make the .txt and data for the editor. A large part of the European territory is covered with SPOT panchromatic georeferenced orthophotos at 10m/pix resolution (this is just fine for FLY!), and colorize them is a not so painful job with ColorBMP, available so on avsim library. If you have access to a good graphic program for some corrections, such as image sharpening, grey scale adaptation, and so on, you have all the necessary tools to be a much more talentuous artist than me and my viewing glasses in the next future!Siamese twin, DTED0 and Digital Orthorectified Imagery from SPOT, here and courtesy from :http://geoengine.nima.mil/Download of DOI MUST be made in the last step of zoom, smallest local area (quite huge, of course!... up to 15Mo). Don't overload the server, it's free and that's so fine on those days of payware way for life! A small inventory of my modest orthotextural work :http://pro.wanadoo.fr/marieclaude.jeannot/sitefly!/ links on the upper right.

ok, thank you all!! wow, this forum rocks, i

Guest andrewluck

MadiasI see that others have added to my post. Looks like some interesting stuff there. Should keep you occupied for a while :-)Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH