Sign in to follow this  

repaints?

hello everyone! i was wondering why do repaints require the original model (i know that they are not complete.....but y?). also could i make them stand alone? reason y is that i am trying to add a different panel to the repaint of the 737-500. i can get it to work alright on the original model, however i cannot get it to work on any of the repaints. i think that this may be caused by the repaints not having a .pit, .amp files. is there anyway that i could add those files into the repaint? if anyone had any ideas...please help me out!!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony,on my repaints, I only include some basic files to keep the size of the repaint down. This is a holdover from my repaints some previous planes where the file sizes were in the multi-megabyte level. On the 737, the repaints call on files from Giorgio's Lufthansa/AirOne file, so that's why your panel works on your complete plane and not on the repaints. You'd have to include the missing files and change the references to the files in the .svh file(I think that's the file) to use your panel on the repaints or just unpod the repaint and copy the contents of the ART folder to your plane and change the reference in the .svh file.Pete

great idea pete, thanks!!! however i am rather new to this, so how would i edit my .svh file? i have looked throught it many times, however i dont really under stand what everything in that file means. do you think that you could help me out with it? thanks!!!!!!!!!

I'm not at home right now so off hand I'm not sure what files you need to adjust. The .svh file is the wrong one that needs modification, but it's actually the .nfo file that has information you need to change. I can give you a better idea what you need to change once I get home and can compare the original files to the repaint files and tell you what files to change.Pete