Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjlobo

Paint Shop Pro 7

Guest jjlobo

I'm starting to study how to develop aircraft for Fly II and downloaded Paint Shop Pro 7. I got some problems and need some help.1. Opening PBM files Paint Shop sends the following message:"Unable to handle this type of PBM, PGM or PPM files"Is Paint Shop Pro 7 compatible with FlyII PBM? If so, what am I missing?2. Opening RAW files requires information related to header size and image size. Does Fly II have any standard for these information related to RAW files?3. Other files like PBG files are not supported by Paint Shop. How can I edit this files that I supose are images?4. I've observed that PBM, PBG files has an ACT related file. What is the relation between them?Thanks for any help___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Hi,You should download Elrond Elvish's Fly! Graphics add-on. This program will allow you to convert from the PBG, PBM, and ACT formats into something that PSP7 will understand. Hope this helps...Cheers, Tony

Guest jjlobo

Tony,Thanks for your interest and for the help. Reading another article in the forum yesterday night I've figured out this possibility and I've downloaded it (Elrond Elvish's Fly! Graphics add-on) from Avsim and tried to open some files.Unless there is a mistake from my part, the Fly! Graphics I've installed only opened PBM files. For PGB and RAW it sends a message telling that the PGB or RAW are not Fly! compatible with Fly PGB/RAW formats. I didn't try to open any ACT files.Have you heard something about it?Regards___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

FWIW,This is my understanding of the file formats. Please correct me if I am wrong:PBM - Single frame graphic (Photoshop Bitmap Material?)PBG - Mulitframe graphic (Photoshop Bitmap Graphic?)ACT - Adobe Color Table (Photoshop?)RAW - RRGGBB (TGA) Type file?AAI - Anti-Alias Image (What is the file layout?)OPA - ? (Output Photoshop Art?)TGA - Targa Graphic formatTIF - T? Interchange Format?Elrond's program should handle the PBM, PBG, and RAW (with ACT color tables). I don't believe it handles any of the others.It seems that use can use whatever format you want, as long as the UV Mapping is done with a supported format for whatever program you are using (TrueSpace, 3D Studio Max, gmax, etc).There were a bunch of 'command line utilities' that came with one of the Patches for FLY! (orig ver) that allowed you to do all sorts of manipulations of RAW, PBM, and AAI files. I think they may be in the file library as a separate download. Its worth checking into. Here are thier names:AARAW.EXECUTOUT.EXEDEM2RAS.EXEJOINAAI.EXEJOINRAW.EXEJOINTGA.EXEPBM2RAW.EXERAW2PBM.EXESLICEMAP.EXESLICERAW.EXETom

Guest jjlobo

Many thanks for you Tom and Bart. I'll start studying this more deaply.Regards___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158