Sign in to follow this  
Guest nycflyer

taxiway light problem with custom taxiways....

Guest nycflyer

I have remade all the taxiways and ramps for KBOS and several others. However, there is no taxiway lighting on any of the custom taxiways. They do appear in the taxiway editor though, and are enabled in the 'properties' of the segments.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Hagar

Hi Scott,I had this horrible problem some time ago. I unpodded a taxiway bgr and tms file from Michel Provenchers Taxi-Norway, put the files in fly2data and tried to draw in some new taxiways. After that I lost all the lights!I am not shure I remember everything right, but lets try:It took me a long time to figure it out, the Taxiways program can be ankward sometimes...I had had to completely re-make taxiways for that airport since I had no txp file, which has lights info.Then I tried another project, with bgr, tms and txp files. I put the bgr and tms in data, and the txp in Taxiway. That was wrong, no lights still.If you put all the 3 files in fly2data, your lights will work just fine. Also, I think I said "no" to open the tms(or txp) file when starting the Taxiways program.

Guest nycflyer

Thanks for the reply ....After working with the taxiways some more, they started appearing. I have no idea why!-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Hagar

I don`t know why either...good that its working anyway :)Check the lights very often while you are working with Taxiways.