Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

Dynamic Vehicles on Strike!

Guest Javier

After bulding my home airport ( MMCS ) I added 2 or 3 Trucks ( The Gas Truck and the other one ) that suppose to move thru the path I set for each one. Well I can't make them move at all, if I taxi the Airplane at the Ramp where I suppose to see all kind of ground traffic all I can see is a static Gas Truck that will not go to anywhere.Does any one have a reference to a tutorial or some link where I can learn how to build Dynamic sceneries ?Thanks!Javier

Guest Eagle

Have you looked in the Fly II Scenery Editor User Guide. There is a section on moving vehicles.

Guest Javier

I followed the HOW TO Scenery Editor document, I created the PATH folder ( didn't have it before ) I am able to see the truck's route by clicking on the Play button, I see all the movements it makes to get to the other point. The problem is that I cannot see the trucks moving when I am at the simulation window.I can only see the trucks moving if I press CTRL+E and select the truck then click the play button on the Path Recoder.What I am doing wrong? Has anybody had luck with the Dynamic scenery under Fly II?Thanks in advance.

Guest Eagle

Check out the "Path Plotter" post by Pilotsim7828. It's in the General Formum page 2. Jeff may be able to help you since he has gottem it to work.

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi: Just an update,I had the same problem you were having about this,In the editor i did get the vehicle to move using the joystic and throttle! boy it worked great.NOW THE OTHER QUESTION????When i went back to the sim ,the static vehicles still does not move, no matter what i do! Any help on this matter or tutorial would be helpful.And if it did work right ,This would be a plus in the fly!II simworld pilotsim7828aka: Jeff akins:-wave Hey im here just not very often as i should be

Guest Javier

Mmmm.. thanks but I think he edited his message, it is now on page 1 and it says it doesn't work....I just want to know if this works or if it doesn't work at all.I don't know if this is one of the features that are broken and we have to wait for the patch .. if so RICHARD pleeeeease tell Sara that you have some flycoholics that need your help, finish the patch.. please!Javier.

Guest pilotsim7828

HEY JAVIER:Keep working on it . Your doing a fine job, To be as dedicatedas you are. I`ll do the same , But i think were both on to something that would be fantastic for this sim,AS LONG AS WE UNDERSTAND what we are doing .!keep me posted and update me as i will be busy this weekend. Hope you dont mind if i save your name in my file? pilotsim7828aka: Jeff Akins:-yellow1

Guest Javier

Hey Jeff! I don't mind at all that you save my name on your list.I am still working with the Editor, I followed Rich post but I still can't get the Trucks to move on Simulation Mode. I put the Tag but I don't know if I place it on the correct part of the SIT file.Rich, if you read this, could you post a piece of code that we can use as an example? Something that shows the correct syntax of the tag and its correct position?Thanks!

Guest pilotsim7828

Javier:That was a good idea you had with your projectDynamic scenery, I too went into the Data file and clicked on the Scenerys01 File, But could not find where to put the gveh. or the other paths it needed to take to get the file moving Any insight is appericiated, your probbably father ahead than i am with this. I hope rich can get this example to you!Best wishes pilotsim7828aka: Jeff Akins:-scatter

Guest Javier

Com'on guys! we need more heads here!! I am going nuts trying all kind of stuff with these dynamic Vehicles.Please take 10 - 30 minutes of your precious time and give it a try, the more systems- configurations-scenarios we try the bigger the chances to get this right.Rich! we need you men!! jump in and give us a hand here please!!! all we need is a word from you to tell us if it works or if it is officialy broken and needs a patch.If somebody make this works, could you post a sample of the syntax or code you used on your scenery file?Thanks.Javier.

Guest pilotsim7828

Hey Javier : I have tried everything myself and cannot get the vehiclesto work and gave up?I hope the fly team can give you hand here. Richard harvey , Can you give this man a hand please ! He has a wonderful idea here and YOU need to help him out!! Oh well i thought I`d try for you also javier GOOD LUCK:-beerchug

Guest Javier

Found this...http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/flytools/info/dynamic.htmlAlthough it is for FLY! it might work under FLY II! here is a pice of code.. it might be the sample I needed, don't know yet, I haven't tried... anim anim 40 46'01.2762"N 73 59'57.9125"W 85.0 simp NYBLD63.BIN 1 ========== Leg 1 ========== 40 45'57.446000"N 74 00'00.437900"W 85.0 40 46'08.795100"N 74 00'24.479000"W 85.0 60.0 180.0 .... more objects for remaining animation legs .... 0.000000,5.238859,0.000000 Too bad we don't have that much support between fellow simmers as you see on the other sim. I know it doesn't hurt try find the answers by yourself, but must of the times I find myself lost, loosing time that I could use to fix my 727 or DC9 paints or even better add Dynamic Scehery on must of the Airports.I think we are just a couple of crazy guys trying to make it work, I wonder how many people is really interested on getting this dynamic scenery to work.I think the code above needs little changes on variables to work correctly under FLY II. We'll see...

Guest pilotsim7828

You know Javier: I support you all the way , I think you have a very unique idea and that would beto the benifit to this sim in a great way! Also IT IS SAD that the people dont have time to work on good ideas,or maybe the wrong persons have tried ( Like myself) and you but dont get a response in a timely manner I for one is very interested in this and when the time permits me to I`ll try agian. We are coming to the end of our race season www.lonestarlegends.comAfter this weekend it will slow down for us to get abreak to do what i love the most FLY! Jeff Akins aka:pilotsim7828:-abduct

Guest pilotsim7828

I just downloaded the manuel from avsim, misc files 11 mb Found on page 30, That you have to assign keys to the dynamic parts. Dont know what to do, but any way i hopes this helps! Also e-mailed Chris wallacejeff akinsaka:pilotsim7828

Guest Javier

I don't think I have that Manual, but the Key Assigment.. you do that to actually move the Truck to set the path, which is something we have done since serveral posts ago ;) I just came back from the Movies with my 5 Year old son, I will try editing the S01 file tonight... I'll keep you all ( Jeff, PilotSim7828, Mr Akins, Javier, "Flight" and Mr Rodriguez ) posted.Thanks.