Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

How to: Static Models

Guest Javier

Is there any reference ( link ) or tutorial to learn how to build Static models? I would like to add local Airlines to my home town airport.Also, how can I create the PBM icon for my repainted airplanes? What type of program do I need? I do have Image Composer ( Microsoft ) but I can't save the image with PBM extension.Thanks in advance.

I wrote a tutorial for the original Fly. The basic principles still apply, but you'll need to think different export different import (for FlyII)the tutorial is uploaded here at avsim. search "norm" in "fly developement" and it consists of the last two entries./Norm

For PBM editing, use the wonderful Fly! Graphics utility available here on the AVSIM file library. This utility converts PBM files to other graphic formats like GIF, TGA, BMP for editing in just about any image editor. Once you're finished with the graphic, Fly! Graphics can convert it back to the PBM file required for Fly!. Just remember to ensure your graphic is in indexed color mode with 0,0,0 (pure black) as the first entry in the color table. There are a number of posts with this topic in this forum, so take a look around -- you should find what you're looking for.

Guest Javier

I succesfuly converted DC9ICO.PBM to DC9ICO.BMP, I edited the file but when I try to convert it back to PBM I get an error message that says "Conversion Problem Encountered: There was a problem encountered during the conversion. Please verify the file you are trying to convert is indeed a TRI supported graphic."My edited BMP file has the same size Width and Height as the original and the file size is 1K less or so. I also tried converting to PBM from JPG.I DO NOT HAVE PHOTO SHOP INSTALLED ON MY HD. Do I need Photo Shop to do the conversion? I hope notAny tip will be appreciated.

could it have something to do with the old palette file from the old PBM? Just thinking out loud./Norm

Hi JavierI have build some static gliders and motorgliders for fly using zmodeler, a freeware you can find at www.zmodeler.com. You can find my models by searching for "glider" in the fly2 scenery files at AVSIM. There is also a tutorial how to start working with zmodler available at AVSIM.All I use for my models are Zmodeler, Irfanview and MSPaint.I hope this helps.Harald