Sign in to follow this  

How to Make a Tree?

Keyton,Have you tried TerraModels?http://www.avsim.com/terramodels/It will allow you to specify a 'grove' of trees, then populate it with as many trees as you want. The result is an SMF model that you can then use in other sceneries.Todd

Dear Todd,Thank you for the link but it seems that TM works better with airports or small areas. I can try with it, but my scenarios covers more than 20 miles each one and I think the best solution is making bunch of trees with 3D Max. If you know any tutorial about OPA files or making trees, please send me a email.keytonc@aol.comI appreciate your help,Keyton Cabral

Hi KeytonIts very easy to use .OPA-Files1.)draw your tree-texture MYTREE.BMP2.)Make a copy named MYTREEOPA.BMP. Use a paint program to change/repaint your texture in 2 colors. First color for all you want to be opaque, second color for all areas, that should be transparent. Its not important, what colors you use, but:!!!!! the first color has to be the first color in your palette, the second the last color. The colors between the first and the last have different grades aof transparency.So you need a Paint program, in which you can determine the position of he color in the palette. I use the MGI-Product, which came with my digital camera.3.)Use FlyRawGui to convert MYTREE.BMP to MYTREE.RAW & MYTREE.ACT4.)Use FlyRawGui to convert MYTREEOPA.BMP to MYTREEOPA.RAW & MYTREEOPA.ACT5.) Rename MYTREEOPA.RAW into MYTREE.OPA. You can delete MYTREEOPA.ACT.6.)Copy MYTREE.RAW, MYTREE.ACT and MYTREE.OPA into your FLYII/ART Subdirectory.7.)Make your tree using GMAX or Zmodeler or ..., using MYTREE.BMP as texture. No need for alpha-channels etc.8.) move your tree into FLY2models subdirectoryHarald

Keyton,I was thinking that you could use TM to create a single 'grove' of trees, then duplicate this one model all over your scenery. TM not only generates complete scenery, it also generates reusable models.Todd

Hi Harald,Thank you very much for your update. I did what Todd said and it worked (thanks, Todd!). BTW it