Sign in to follow this  

www.flydevelopers.com related

Hello,today I found this post:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID19/320.htmlAfter I visited this site, it seems there is no activity. Since here at www.avsim.com is activity, why not ask the webmaster, if it would be possible to do a kinda website structure here at www.avsim.comFor example an organized download area (sorted manuals, projects, related link collection, etc.)Maybe the developer forum could have project areas, etc. as well.Since it looks like that things are more and more spreaded, I think it would be a good one, to keep things together. Just a suggestion what we could think about.As you said:"Keep Fly! the best sim in the world" and of course the best sim needs a well organized community ;-)Best regards and have good one :-wave

Hi,I totally agree with you. I checked this site and it

Guest dajackman

I started flydevelopers.com as my input to the fly community. I'm no programmer or graphix man, so I put up the web site. At first the site did pretty well, however traffic is just about null. I will keep the site up until the domain name expires. After then, if traffic is still low I may let it die. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I am kinda busy working on my ppl but I do enjoy playing with the web site.

Hi,since my real life is in marketing and advertising, I experienced something. If you launch something what already exists, there will be activity in the very beginning for a short period of time, after that people will return to what they already know and where the community is.So maybe it just doesn't make sense to move the community to another location. Here at avsim we have a central point to meet, it's just the organization what we miss. If someone needs a specific information, of course it's the best to have all available informations at one central point. At that point the informations need to be very well organized, to get a quick overview and find the needed information at your fingertips.After this it doesn't really matter where things are hosted. Let's say there would be one page with links to all available manuals for building scenery, would it matter to where the links point? Nope. We can compare this with our favorite links for the web browser. The better you organize them, the faster you will find what you are looking for.So if your website would have any specific things that avsim doesn't have e.g. organized project informations or all available manuals, tools, etc. for Fly! well organized with a short description of the content, than your website would be the place to find this kinda stuff.My suggestion is, to think about, what informations would be good for making them available at your website and what can we do to get a better organization here at avsim.But maybe the rest of the community feel comfty with the way it is, in this case it doesn't make sense at all.Anyway, you did a great job with www.flydevelopers.com.Best regards and happy landings :-wave

Hi all :-waveI really like flydevelopers.com and have been able to put beta tests of my scenery for others to try, which is great. ANYthing which helps Fly in the right direction is a good thing. Sadly just a handful of guys keeping things going isnt the best thing. I will be sad if things are left to die there as I try to visit often. I get the feeling tho, not many are willing to show what their next project is going to be like, until near completion. But who can blame them. A new aircraft thrown at us in a parcel that we didnt expect or a hint of a new program for Fly throws us all into an excited spin.Anyway, while www.flydevelopers.com is alive I will use it.Stevie :-bat