Sign in to follow this  

Re: Moving TRI models incorrectly placed

In Fly!11 TRI kindly gave us 3 'models' for London, 'Buckingham Palace', 'Tower Bridge' and 'the Houses of Parliament'. All 3 incorrectly appear on the 'wrong' side of that dreaded 'meridian' line that causes so much grief in Fly!Just fly east from London City and you will see them sitting lonely in the landscape.I would like to move them into their correct locations now that we have some London scenery to fit them in, ie 'Heathrow Zone'.How do we do that? Anybody able to help.DaveT

Guest andrewluck

DaveIf you look you'll also find a Stone Henge model as well. I placed that into the landscape using the in-built Fly! editor but you'll also need to scale it as well because it's tiny.I've not seen the models you refer to. I'll go take a look. It should be possible to remove them and put them back in the right place using the editor.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

DaveOK. Found them. Often wondered why my framerate was low flying into London City :-)Checking the size in the editor reveals Buckingham Palace to be 22ftx33ftx78ft. No wonder I didn't see it before.To remove the models, just click on them in the Editor and press the waste bin icon in the UI.Before replacing them they need rescaling. Press the CTRL key when loading Fly!. Select object editor then load the object and rescale it. Don't forget to save it and while you're there, resize the night model as well.Then, use the Editor to put the new models back in the correct place.Hope this helps,Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

AndrewThanks for that. Glad to know there is a way of moving such 'inaccurate objects'.I'll try and do it when I've some free time.DaveT

Guest andrewluck

DaveJust downloaded your guide to UK Scenery. Looks good. I shall have a more detailed study later.A couple of years ago the Sunday Times included a free CD that included satellite imagery for the whole of the UK. I produced a high-res Isle of Man as well as a couple of other areas for the original Fly! using it.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH