Sign in to follow this  

GPS data output

Anyone interested in trying out a GPS data output utility for Fly2? It writes your Fly position data to a serial port in NMEA format. You can connect a laptop, PDA, etc. to your serial port and follow along.I wrote this so I could practice with AnywhereMap on my iPaq, thought it might be of use to others.-Frank

Guest andrewluck

FrankWhile I haven't got a direct use for this utility at the moment I'd certainly post it. If you can post the source code as well it'll help anyone trying to write something similar. I'm no programmer, but given a piece of code that does something like what I'm after, I can usually modify it to do what I want.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hi, Frank. That would be great. I tested one for Peter, for FLY!1 and I use it from time to time. What Moving Map software wil this work with? I would assume any that will accept NMEA. I have Precission Compass, DeLorme, and Vista from FlightSoft. I now have it comnnected to my Laptop with an RS232 Null Modem cable. I will try a PDA later this month, the ones available now are too slow for real flying, I end up about 1 NM behind the actual position at about 180 KIAS. This would be great to test the actual GPS/Software real time response.Let me know if I can help. Thanks. TV

I just uploaded FlyGpsOut 1.0, with source code. So far, I've tested it with AnywhereMap 1.3 and Street Atlas USA 9.0.Enjoy,-Frank

Guest andrewluck

Thanks Frank. I'll take a look.I'm interested because I have a USB interface module that pretends to be a regular serial port. Could be useful for home cockpit type stuff.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH