Sign in to follow this  
Guest swathdiver

Getting complete LAT Long Numbers for images

Guest swathdiver

Hello, I've located 3 and 6 meter imagery for the entire state of Florida and of course want to make some scenery. The attached TGW file only gives one set of coordinates instead of the two sets that FLY! asks for. Is there a way around this or a program out there to find out what the other coordinates are?Thanks for any in info!JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest andrewluck

JamesLooks like you're going to have to be a bit more specific in your request and give some more details for folks to work with. You mention an attached file?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest swathdiver

Thanks for responding! The images have two files for each area. A Tiff image and the TGW which contains coordinates. Here's a link where I've gotten the info. http://www.labins.org/doqq/county.htm I've yet to create scenery like this and don't know what I don't know if you know what I mean!Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest andrewluck

Had a quick look without getting into too much detail.I suspect that each image is a fixed number of minutes across. Therefore, once you've identified the corner that their coords refer to (and the units they're using) you only need to add or subtract the fixed value to the eastings and northings value to get the opposite corner.Hope this helpsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest swathdiver

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get the time again.JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!