Sign in to follow this  

Terrascene for the Original Fly! 2k

I posted this in the general FLY forum but maybe more appropriate here:Is it still possible to do terrascenery for the original Fly! 2k? What version do I need to do this? I remember reading something about the web address changing for the LAND USE files or something a long those lines and that the older version of terrascene doesn't work with FLY2k anymore. I can't find anything about using terrascene with FLY2k though and before I DL gb of stuff I wondered if anyone knew what I need.I have both FLY2 and FLY2k but like FLY2k better - it runs much better on my computer.please helpI looked all over for the Texture Packs for the original Terrascene 2.0 but can't find them anywhere.thank you

Download the new TerraScene 2.1 and follow the instructions for extracting the texture set from Fly!II. The original texture sets mentioned in the old instructions no longer exist.This new texture set can then be used with both versions of Fly! Follow the instructions for assigning directory locations and editor and slicer locations for each version. For this to function properly in Fly!II, you will need to be patched to Build 230.Though some of the original USGS files that TS needs were removed from the USGS site, someone graciously offered to host them on another site - TS will automatically retrieve them from the new location.

Randall Rocke

okay thank you for the help Randall. Gee, I bet it has been beaten to death but that really sux that HITW pulled those texture packs offline. Those TP really were very nice. Oh well, I might also be able to use some MS CFS textures as well for some of the stuff. Thank again for the assisatnce.

The textures you will get will be double the resolution of the previous packs. Also, the actual set is fairly large - it's just that you will have to create some of your own custom sets out of it to access many of the textures. You can create your own mountain and desert packs, for instance.

Randall Rocke