Sign in to follow this  

creating models - how???

G'Day!Now I'll try to create models for an airport. I have installed the Terramodels v.10 from Allen Kriesman but I have not the knowhow to create a nice model for Fly!2K - I see nothing!Is anybody who can help me? Or is there a possibility to convert the models from another flightsimulator to a format, that fly!2k used? Or a better manual to create a model?Thanks for Your helpmare

Mare,I wish I could help you with V1.0. However, it is completely differerent from V2.x (which is Fly II only).I have not looked at 1.0 in a year or two, nor do I even have the source or documentation anymore. I have been working on V2.0 for so long, that I really can't remember a thing about 1.0.I do know that V1.0 did not have the integrated interface that V2.0+ has. All the objects created with 1.0 had to be placed with the Fly! editor.Sorry,Allen

G'Day Allen!Taht's the problem for me. How should I use the Fly! Editor?Or is there anywhere a program which change .pod files to .epd files? Or a program to make Terramodels for FlyII to fly2K useful?I'm afraid it's a horrable question ;-) Markus

Hi Markus,I am afraid I really don't have any suggestions for you, as I have completely forgotten everything about Fly! and Fly2K (and do not have it installed). The Fly2K editor is much different from the integrated FlyII editor. Hopefully, there is someone around here still using Fly2k who can help you. Also, there are no conversion tools that can be used to convert Fly II models and POD files to Fly2k format (at least none that I know of).From a development standpoint, Fly! and Fly2k are very different from Fly II. Unfortunately, I just could not afford the time to support Fly2K, after Fly II came out.Take care,Allen