Sign in to follow this  

london render "error"?!?!

G'Day!The last days I'd try render the globetile 0-170 with terrascene 2.0 - means east part of london. My FlyEditor 1.06b is running and running. When he's finish I have correct epd folders (1*scf,1*txt,2*epd) in my fly!2k scenery folder but he's empty - only some kB. During the work in the FlyEditor he's jumping from globetile 0-169,1-169 until 255-169; than the same with 0-170, 1-170 until 255-170. Then 0-171,1-171 until 255-171. Between he need some minutes for 127-170. After this I have more than 1250 data folders in my fly/data folder. HAHAHAWhat can I do to make the globetile??????Thanks for Your help.mare

Guest Colins2

G'day Mare,There is a problem with the entire 000:ZZZ column.You will find that the ground tiles 'have' all been sliced, but the terrain files have been written wrongly.I wrote a utility called Terrain-Fixer (original, huh?) that mostly fixes the problem and will let you pod and Fly! your tile.It's on my site, below. Please read the manual for instructions.ColinMy Hangar Site

I've produced this 000-170 Globe Tile(East London from Greenwich) fairly recently and Colin is correct -it needs the use of his 'TerrainFixer' to find the 'mangled' textures and put them in the correct order for 'manual podding'. He pointed out to me that TerrainFixer only works on a complete Globe Tile however, not 1/2 or 1/4 tiles!I therefore got TS2 000-170 Globe tile to appear OK in Fly!2, but alas never got it to appear with the adjacent 255-170 that I was in the process of producing as a 'photo scenery area'.I therefore went back to completing 255-170 and meant to see if I could get Fly! to 'see' both areas at another time.I should get back to 000-170 soon, as we do need 'all of London' to be 'joined up' and available in Fly!2.DaveT

Guest Colins2

David,Just a small clarification here:The reason that Terrain-Fixer needs the whole globe tile is the way that the file names get mangled. Once you have sliced the whole tile and got the ground tiles then you can 'fix' any quarter tile that you want.If you read the slice log, the names appear to be correct, but for some reason they are being written to the trn files wrongly.It's a puzzle! Colin