Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

Articles at FlyDevelopers.com

Guest Chris Wallace

To anybody who's interested...I have started sending a bunch of short explanatory articles to Robby at FlyDevelopers.com, basically I'm just cleaning out some of the incoherent scribblings I've made of the years of playing around with the guts of Fly! and Fly! 2. This is a very low-bandwidth activity for me so it will take a while to get everything sorted out and uploaded. They are meant to supplement TRI's design notes available here in the library, not replace them.If there are any specific requests for info then post them here and I'll try to reply (via a new article on FlyDevelopers.com) if I can fill in the details. And of course if you spot any errors or omissions then let me know and I'll try to post a correction.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Eagle

Thanks Chris, your contribution is appreciated and I have always been impressed with your intelligent responses to questions concerning development and design.It would be nice if other developers and designers would do as you did and post their articles at flydevelopers.com. A central location and under a proper classification would be helpful to all of us who wish to develop aircraft.I have been wanting to learn the electrical system and how to tie the various gauges into the system.Thanks again.

Thank you Chris. I hope we can get some more things started/developed, this sim has some very good features.I am working on a script for "speechbuddy2" that should be a keyboard free operation, but I am trying to see if I can use "Flyscripts!" or something else?? to implement the direct speech to COM/Nav/Other. See the message that I posted for Chris B. in the Cockpit forum, the Script for the other sim is just about complete. I cannot compile any .py files in FLYII, which means that I cannot use Python, which means that I would have to put some form of C back on my system, and I am trying to avoid this since it's been a long time when I used, and I never did like much writing code. I am more of a hardware guy, and I only write the code that I MUST. TVLink below?http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID42/217.html

Guest tonyc

I still would like to see a more intuitive SB and Wilco interface when flying FLY2. Lefteris, if you read this, how is it going???tony

Guest Chris Wallace

Thanks guys, I hope this info will be useful in keeping some level of development activity going for Fly! 2 into the future.I am now preparing a comprehensive reference guide to all of the different pre-defined gauge types (there are about 120 I think) based on previous work by Rich, Simguy, and Jen plus my a bit of editorial commentary by me.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi Chris,This is excellent news! I'm writing a panel editor for Fly!II (going slowly now, because of real world commitments!), and a comprehensive list of gauges would be brilliant!Thanks for all your hard work,Matthew.

Guest Eagle

Hi Chris and anyone else with interest:I am developing an excel spreadsheet of the files used to develop aircraft for Fly II. If interested I will email a copy. This is a work in progress.

Guest Richard Hill

I have been looking for help using shape files in TerraScene 2.1 with no reply. 1. What specific files would one use in place of outdated DLG files?2. Terrascene docs refer to define/set Key Attributes and attribute value using data outsine the US, I however need help in this using US data. Could you email or post some good examples of what one must do, or am I thinking things are mree difficult than they actually are?Any help PLEASE! richardlhll@wmconnect.comRichard L Hill;

Guest Chris Wallace

Nothing I can help with here, Richard...sorry. There are a few folks around (or used to be, anyway) who are quite knowledgable about TS source files...but unfortunately I'm not one of 'em.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada