Sign in to follow this  

An easy way to create an new airport

Hi,I have a little question. I want to create an airport from my hometown into FlyII. I only want to create the runway. As I understand I must update the databases in FlyII. Can anyone in a simple way describe how to easiest do this and what tools do I need.Many thanks!

Hi MatsYou can find my Database Tutorial at AVSIM in the FlyII miscellaneos section, Download-id 14441.It should answer your Questions.You need Vol!edit and Deximport. You have to add the airport to the Airport-Database, the Runway to the Runway-Database, the ILS to the ILS-Database. The process is always the same and described in my tutorial.Harald

Guest dajackman

I tried this and had a hell of a time getting it right. I finally gave up :( I could never get the tiles flat. One end of the runway was under ground. Other than that, it was a little easier than I had thought. Maybe I'll give it another try.

the tiles containing the runway have to be absolutely flat. So you must modify the elevation data in the .TRN file.You should find all you need for this process in my "modify elevation data" - tutorial in the FLYII miscellaneous section. If there are any problems, let me know.Maybe i can help you.HaraldIf you want, you can post my tutorials on your Fly-developer website.

HiThanks Harald for your help. I have created a new airport with help of your guide. It was very easy but I have also the problem with wrong altitude of the tiles. I will try to fix it with your "flatten" guide. I tried to add a taxiway with the taxiway editor by P Jacobson but I get an error message from the program when I create a new project with my homemade airport. Can

There should be no problem to add taxiways to your homemade airports.(At least, I had no problems adding taxiways with the taxiway-editor to my sceneries).Harald

Guest dajackman

I think I will try again. The airport I'm trying to add is located in Stafford VA near my home: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KRMN. Nice 5000 ft runway. Pretty new strip, no FBO yet...but it is coming. I have flown in there and it is real nice. Nice size runway away from northern VA airspace...

HiNow I have sucessfully created my first airport. A have also added NDB

Mats,The entire published text file with all of the listed database parameters is included in the Fly!2 Database Minitutorials post at the top of this forum: http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID19 When you get down to the database list, the first group on the list is for AIRPORT.DBD.A couple of us are working on a comprehensive tutorial that will include some updates on that list from Richard Harvey.

Randall Rocke

HiI have already printed out the listed database that you mentioned. But when I compare it with the fields in the database from my FlyII simulator the mostly fields are not the same. For an example the airport lights differs a lot.

Mats,The DB list covers the majority of the original Fly! airport fields, including all of the lighting. Remember, if you have the Fly!II patches - specifically Build 230 Beta, many new lighting types were added. All of the additions are listed in the patch's large readme file.

Randall Rocke