Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Wallace

Gauge Reference (first draft) sent to FlyDevelopers.com

Guest Chris Wallace

I have sent a first preview draft of the Gauge Reference Guide to FlyDevelopers.com. It is a PDF file, almost 300 pages, that is a first attempt at cataloging all of the default gauge types with some commentary and an example of each type. There is a sample page attached below.There are still bound to be quite a few omissions and errors, but it's a good start I think. Please save a tree and don't print this quite yet, wait for a later more complete draft. Please send any corrections my way and I'll incorporate them in the next draft...thanks!I have also sent Robby a short text file describing the overall panel specification in the NFO, PIT and CAM files.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Jan

Hello Chris.Looks like you have put a lot of work into this.Thank you.Question.On the COM and NAV radios in the TRI3 panel there is noPBG for the transfer selector switch.Only a static point in the PBM itselfe.How can I put in a simple animated 2way switch instead?I wouldlike to switch between the channels with an up/down switch.If you understand me? :)Jan

Guest Chris Wallace

Jan,Do you want a toggle switch that switches betwen COM1 and COM2 radios? Or do you want to toggle the active and standby frequencies? In any case I don't think you'd be able to use the standard 'comr' radio gauge; actually I'm not sure how you would do this except through a custom DLL gauge. If you want to e-mail me the details I may be able to provide more info.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest dajackman

The PDF is online. I will get the text up hopefully tonight. I haven't read all of it yet, but what I did read was great. Thanks again Chris!

Guest Chris Wallace

Thanks Robby...in addition to the additional text files I mentioned, I'm taking a look at creating a Subsystem Reference along the same lines as the Gauge Reference. This is a bit of a different beast because the subsystem hierarchy is much more complex, plus there are get/set tags as well as read tags that need to be documented. There is also a bit more information already available in Rich and Simguy's published notes, so there may not be as much of a need for a subsystem guide...so this is on the back burner for now.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest dajackman

No problem, we all really appreciate your hard work.