Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doc Parano

.bin files and Terramodels

Doc,Terramodels should already be able to recognize and place pre-existing BIN file objects. Is that what you are talking about ? Or, do you want Terramodels to actually create BIN objects ?To switch back to the old Fly! BIN format in Terramodels, would be too large of an effort for me right now I'm afraid.Take care,Allen

Guest Doc Parano

Thanks Allen for your answer.Yes .bin files are recognized by Terramodels but they don't appear in the 3D Fly! Model Viewer....It's SMFVIEWER...it's not BINVIEWER.The .bin files are not displayed in the area just as .smf files are (in red...for example....) It's impossible to select them by clicking and difficult to position them with precision.Sorry for my "cooking" english.Bien

Doc,I thought that I would mention that the SMFVIEWER application was provided to me by Rich and TRI. Unfortunately, I did not write it myself.I am not sure, but I don't think you can select the BIN files easily in Tm22. This is because TM22 does not know the width and depth of the BIN file objects. Terramodels reads the SMF files to compute the width and depth of an object, so that it can be displayed in the proper dimensions. It cannot read the BIN files to obtain this information. A long ago, I was able to crack the BIN file format (of course it is much more difficult than the SMF format).Cheers,Allen