Sign in to follow this  

Help with TerraScene...

Again, I'm making an attempt to TerraScene my area using a PC at work to use with Fly! II on my Mac at home. During the process of rendering the scenery, I get the following error message: caught exception downloading http://www.wingswithwires.com:8080/7.5min/..._NH.sdts.tar.gzFollowed by this error:exception=java.net.ConnectionException: Connection refused: connect, Connection refused: connect... will retry in 5 seconds... retrying.This is as far as I can get and I haven't got a clue what the error message means or what to do. Any help would be really appreciated.Thanks a bunch!Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 /Jaguar384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest Fly II Pilot

Rich:I just created a Terrascener project for New Hampshire and it downloaded all the 7.5 DEMs from that site without a problem.Either the site was down when you tried to download or your company blocks certain URLs based on criterias such as games, gambling, etc. To verify this try just go to www.wingswithwires.com from work and see if you can access it. If you can't then there's your answer.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thanks for the reply Alejandro,I have no problem connecting to www.wingswithwires.com. So that rules that out... it doesn't look like a company firewall issue. Maybe it's java.net related? I dunno... just can't figure it out.I've been wanting to TerraScene NH myself. Particularly the Mt. Washington area where I often fly in to Mt. Washington Valley Regional Airport. Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 /Jaguar384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest Fly II Pilot

Rich:Did you try again? Maybe the server was down for a couple of hours and you happened to connect at that particular time. I had no problem downloading the data and it's running... I'm covering almost 100%, of NH. It's going to be a pretty big file but if you have an FTP site where I can uploaded to, I'll be glad to do so.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thanks again Alejandro...Just cranked up TerraScene again, and still get the same error messages, even after waiting 20 minutes. The message just repeats itself over and over again. I do have an FTP site with 90 MB available. How big is the pod or file?Really appreciate your offer to upload.Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 /Jaguar384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest Fly II Pilot

Rich:I downloaded and zipped just the 7.5 dem files. All you have to do is extract the contents (with folders) to your TerraScenedata-filesusgsDEM folder. When you run your project it'll skip these files.I'm including all the 7.5 dem files that fall under the area who's lower left corner includes the 204 161 NE Global 1/4 tile and upper right corner includes the 205 163 NW Global 1/4 tile. The only parts of NH not covered by this area are the southeast and southwest tips.The file NH.zip contains 23 folder, 233 files and is 40.8 Mb. Let me know where to upload it to.Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Hey, awesome Alejandro... thanks for your time and help! Please ftp to: ftp://www.take5websolutions.comThanks again!Rich@KLEWBeige G3 233 MHz DT rev.1 G4 400 MHz NewerTech upgrade OS 9.2.2 /Jaguar384 MB RAM ATI Radeon Mac (PCI) Thrustmaster FCS/WCS

Guest Fly II Pilot

Rich:It's in your incoming folder.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Hello Alejandro,I found this in the forum because I'm having the same problem when running Terrascene. The computer is the one I just built for the office. 1333 Athlon with WindowsXP Pro on a DSL with a Firewall. I can open the www.wingswithwires.com website but when I try to get into the www.wingswithwires.com:8080 I get a prompt for a user name and password and won't let me in. I've tried leaving it blank, putting in my email and anonymous and even signing up to use the forum, then using that sign in name and password but to no avail. I have Terrascene 2.1.62 so I don't think I can get much more up to date with the software. Any help that you might know would be appreciated. I'll also be emailing Todd Klaus (ask the source).Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Fly II Pilot

Zane,If my memory serves me right, the user ID and password for the site are hardcoded into Terrascene to prevent unauthorized use of these files. So, you won't be able to access the files directly, you'll have to let Terrascene do it automatically.Hope this helps.If you tell me the area you're trying to render I'll be glad to download the 7.5 DEM's for you. If Terrascene "sees" them in your folder it will skip them and should work fine. Just let me know where I can upload the files.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply...I think I figured out the problem and hopefully can help anyone having the same difficulty in the future. Since it was a java script error that we kept getting I went into the tools menu within Internet Explorer. Selected Internet Options and Advanced. When scrolling down I located Microsoft VM, clicked on the boxes for Java console enabled and java logging. Had to restart the computer. When I went back into Terrascene program and tried to do a render it started working fine.If this is just fluke of luck and has nothing to do with the changes to the above settings let me know so others don't try it in vain!Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Very strange. TS2 comes with it's own JVM, so the Java settings in IE should have no effect on it....Todd