Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jan

Rotorbrake

Guest Jan

Hello.I'm having a problem assigning a caution light for the rotorbrake in the helo.Anyone know how to do it? Thanks for any help.Jan

Hope you get sorted ;-)Steve Brown "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Guest Jan

Hello Steve.At least a reply :)Merry Christmas to you.Jan

All the best to you JanSteve Brown "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Hello Jan!If I understood it right, this example should do it: -- Annunciator Light --dpnd -- Litter Door -- an2c LIGHT caut rbrk <_AND>This just uses the Litter Door caution light of the default 407 (replace it for testing). I replaced the test switch with therbrktag. (This is the hardware state, depending on the Rotorbrakestate)Is this what you were looking for, or do you need to create a complete new caution light?How are you doin? How is it going with your projects?Happy New Year,Robert:-rotorEDCJ

Guest Jan

Hello Robert.Long time no see.I'll give it a try at once.Thank you very much.Looks like you have got a good understanding of the panel and world files.More than I do :) My projects are coming along, butslowly.Very time consuming.And a steep learning curve.Right now I'mdoing the console lights.(The written stuff everywhere)Both enginesare working OK,but there are some issues with the 407 I can't overcomelike the fuelflow and the Np or Nf needle.The 407 will consume and useall fuel in the tanks even when engine is not running.The fuel flow meter reads 55 when throttle is off and engine off.I can change the minimum FF in the eng. file but then the engine wount run.But my biggest consern is the Np needle.It follows the Nr consequently.Evenwith one engine off or at idle.There is no split.I don't know whereit gets the information from.Everything is hooked up to each engine,and when eng1 is running so is Np1 and Np2 and vice verca.Have you hada look at this?Maybe there is no solution.But anyway thanks again for the tips.Hope you had a nice xmas.Jan

Hello Jan,yes, my Fly!2 time has a bit decreased since I joined a helicopter VA and they use FS2K2 only. But don't worry Fly2 is still on the HDD and I'm into my projects from time to time :)About the world files, needs long trial and error. I found the designnotes (available in the Library) sometimes helpful. I'm sure you've seen the new tutorials by Chris Wallace at flydevelopers.com. Maybe they will help you too with some issues...Great that both engines are working now!Speaking of the 407 issues, don't tell me ;) Boy, that are the two things that drive me crazy too!! I think the Np gauge has "stolen" me the most of the time. I think the readouts of the RRPM and the NpRPM are just the same, despite they read the values differently (RRPM is a read tag directly from the rotor, Np is a fixed Fly2 tag) so there will be no way to fix it (at least) easily :( Tried everthing I could imagine... I too find it annoying not to split the needles, would be great to see that when flaring and autorating! (even worse that the manual describes the splitting a lot)I'm still trying to tweak the engine, maybe I get a correct Np readout if I go some "longer" ways, just cheating a bit ;)The fuelflow thing is easier compared to that above :)It'll be in a fixed 407 repaint of mine. Actually I'd like to upload it soon, but this damn tif file makes some repaint images nearly impossible. Think you know, paint part 1 in that color, and bang! another parts have that color too. Makes it difficult-impossible to do new paint layouts :(We'll see...Had a nice Xmas, got a new helicopter book :) Some new strange: in the book N1=Gas producer and N2=Power turbine, just opposite to Fly2, hm????Hope you had a nice Xmas too!Let's stay in contact, maybe we should work together on some issues?Take care,Robert:-rotorEDCJ

Guest Jan

Thanks again Robert.I now have a working caution light for the rotorbrake :) Then I'll wait for your upload to see what you have done with the fuel consumption.Maybe it's possible to write a DLL for theNp needle,but that is far to advanced for me.Here is a update of the overhead panel with lights.Jan

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Jan,looking very cool keep it coming! ;) Do you guy's know if it possable to make a retractable landing gear for the S-76B I'am working on? Cheers!

Guest Jan

Wow!!That pleases my eyes.Happy to see someone else developing helos.Looking fantastic.Are you making any panel for it?Do you need any help,e-mail me.Or maybe you can help me with my AS365N2 :)Also struggeling with landing gear.Do you have all the internal photos for making the panels?There is one stationed here at ENZV.Maybe they let me use my camera onboard, since I know many of the mechanics.Try e-mail Johnny (JOSVE).Maybe he have some info regarding gear problems.Great job.Jan

Looks awesome! Fantastic to know that there will be some more new helos for Fly!2! :)Can't wait, hope that you finish it soon...Cheers,Robert:-rotorEDCJ

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jarno:Check your e-mail, I think you'll like it!Enjoy!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB