Sign in to follow this  

Hectopascal Subscale

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the Altimeter subscale setting in Fly2 aircraft to display hectopascals instead of millimeters of mercury? Being an Aussie flyer and living in the metric world, it would help with my real world flying training to be able to set the altimeter to the correct QNH. I'm also interested in tinkering with aircraft settings.Thanks,Ken.:-rotor 'Flying isn't dangerous.....crashing is!' :-lol

Guest Fly II Pilot

Ken:Although it's not exactly what you want, if you go to the Weather > Overview window, you can see both values in In Hg and Hectopascals.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thanks Alejandro,I am aware of this addition in the latest patch 240, however I was wanting the full blown display on the aircraft altimeter including the ability to adjust it using the left and right mouse keys. It's actually proving a very interesting excercise searching Fly's data files and coming to grips with it's systems programming. I remember now why I never became a programmer, however it's times like this that I wish I had.Ken.:-beerchug

Hi Ken (nice name!), I'm probably way off base with this one, but have you gone through the fly.ini file and/or the system.ini file to see if there is a flag setting? I don't know why, but I seem to recall that this was a possible item to do. Might be a drawback from the original Fly! days .Cheers to ya Down Under!:-beerchugKen WoodCNN International Weather :-sun1

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Thanks Ken (top name!),Yes I have scanned the fly.ini & system.ini file for this entry but there doesn't seem to be anything along this line. I imagine this change would be a complex process as I think the altimeter subscale setting is calculated along with the duration of the Left or Right mouse click while hovering over the Kollsman knob. Therefore there will need to be a new metric range added to one of the panel files.I really don't know, but I still hope someone else does.Ken Brand.Perth, Western AustraliaFlying out of YPJT. :-beerchug