Sign in to follow this  

Help with Dynamic Vehicles

Well I still havent got my head around this. I have printed out the tutorials and followed every letter to the "T". Still no go???"THIS IS THE DEAL" I send you my new Airport, Manchester EGCC, you make me a couple of Dynamic Vehicles. Send them back and You then have your name in bright lights in the credits...Thankyou :-)Steve Brown "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Please help!Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Guest Eagle

Steve - send me your file and I will do one vehicle with a tutorial.wayne@goses.org

Many thanks Wayne just touching things up a little and I will send it to you. I have printed out the tutorial and followed it word for word, and the vehicle moves were I want it to when I use the path recorder. But when I edit the file in the data folder no movement on return. I have even compared my path files with others that do work and bar the coodinates they are all the same???Your a gentleman.... Many thanksSteve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Guest Eagle

Steve - if you make changes be sure to check the scenery file. You may have to enter the again as it is sometimes deleted.

Thanks Wayne, I noticed that in the tutorial I printed, so what I did was to practice from scratch using the fuel truck and doing only a couple of moves. Im going to finish the Airport in about 2 days then I will pass it on into your good hands. Please send me your tutorial too as I know Im doing something wrong in the proccess.This is one think I have to learn, I will get that little fuel truck to trundle around....if it kills me.. *:-* Thanks again.Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Thankyou very much Wayne for the dynamic vehicle and the tutorial. I printed it out and followed it to the letter???No truck movedIm going to have another smash at it tomorrow... I will do this...honest (it may be the booze) ;-)

Guest Eagle

Hi Steve:Did you get the vehicles moving in your scenery? If you need help, let me know.

Hi Wayne,Yes thanks they do move :-) I have 3 vehicles moving in Manchester Airport nowand 1 fuel truck moving in Manchester Woodford about 3 - 5 miles away.I was trying to get them moving at my Liverpool Airport but nothing shows up *:-* This was the Airport that I was practicing in. It must be at the edge of a global tile or something.I downloaded your airport with the aircraft landing and taking off and I was able to replicate that too,at Manchester so Im learning.I also got my head around the problem of editing with the FlyII built in editor and it effecting the path code in the .s01 file.I renamed the .s01 file to DYNAMICS and changed the file association to read only. Now if I use the Built in editor it leaves my DYNAMICS .s01 alone and creates a new file for the other creations.Ahhh, what fun :-smile12 All the bestSteve

Guest Eagle

Good work, Steve! I like the dynamic vehicles in the scenery, but am running out of ideas for their use. Could have them circle the field, takeoff and land, but would that interfer with others coming in to the airport or takeoff?Any ideas on what can be done with the vehicles?

Hi Wayne :-wave One Idea I have is having moving vehicles on a road near the airport, or the road that leads to the airport.Also Im wondering if anyone is going to make a dynamic helicopter as we will be able to make it hover and fly around the airport or area of our choiceAlso there is the possibility of dynamic towtrucks, luggage trucks, oh and a dynamic guy or two moving around the aircraft world be cool. A dynamic UFO *:-* No sorry.....All The BestSteveNew website soon: http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.jpg

Guest Eagle

Very GOOD ideas, Steve. I have been thinking of developing dynamic vehicles and so I will give it a try. Helicopter would be OK, but the blades will not turn. If you notice the dynamic prop airplanes do not have props.I will copy your message and put in my to do folder.Thanks,