Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

"persistent world" is interesting. Is there a way to lo

Guest tonyc

"Persistent world" option enables one to fly like in real life, that is, you start from one airport and stop at another. When you leave FLY2, it will remember the exact location as well as plane condition that you left it with. Unfortunately, there does no seem to be any way to import a flight plan into the gps without using the "flight planner, the adventure or "saved scenery" options, all of which restart FLY2 and break the "persistent mode". FLY2 has the "checklist" option that perhaps could be used to save a flight plan to, and then to use it to program the saved flight plan into the gps manually. This is for someone to shed some light into this.tony

Guest dajackman

I posted the same idea about three months ago and someone responded something to the effect that they were going to add it to their to-do list. I can't remember who that was. It would be awsome to jump back in and find in a good pre-flight I left the trim all screwed up! Anyway hopefully who ever that was will read this.

Guest JeffB

Tony,Thanks for the files, BTW. Yes, you must use the Flight Planner and set your starting airport, destination airport, then, if you want, generate the flight plan, BUT, as long as you do NOT click the Start Flight Plan button, it won't 'break' the persistent world.Simply close the Flight Plan window (click the upper right corner "X"), and the flight plan will load into the GPS or FMS without starting over.I fly like this alot. The only real problem is that the time and date are off as they start where you left off.I think this is what your looking for?Jeff

Guest dajackman

What I thought would be neat if your airplane settings were saved even after you shutdown the Fly. So next time I load Fly up and jump in the plan, the flaps trim and such are left were they were. This would make it possible to miss something on your preflight.