Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Autopilot & Flight-Director in Fly2!

Guest jcomm

Hi!Has anyone tried to tweak the autopilot &/or flight director in Fly2! to make them "softer" and smarter?The FD allways commands huge bank, and one should simply not follow it's indications or risk killing the passengers or destroying the airplane... Now, a FD is supposed to be followed....Can the SDK be used to access internal variables directly related with these instruments : AP & FD ?Thx in advance for any answers!!!

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jose:Now that you own the PMDG 757 I think you can answer youself the question regarding the SDK. As you can see, PMDG was able to create an outstanding F/D and autopilot using the SDK.Hope you're enjoying it as much as I do!!!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest jcomm

I surely am Alejandro!!!I never really believed - I must confess... - that reinstalling Fly2 in the very first place, and then the final Patch would bring me what it brought : SIMPLY THE BEST CIVILIAN FLIGHTSIM EXPERIENCE in my 15 years of flight simulation experience!!!!Together with PMDG 757, which I bought encouraged by you, I feel in Heaven right now!!!!Thank you for having contributed to this feeling Alejandro!!!Best wishes from Lisboa - Portugal. Ah! And your precious RENDER.INI material is also being used with very positive results.For me it is simply unbeliavable how Fly2 with this final Patch became what I already like to call - Phoenix of the Flight Simulators.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jose:It is extremely rewarding to see that other people are enjoying something in what I and others have put so much energy and faith over the past 2 or 3 years. Considering that my contribution has been microscopic, I can only imagine what Rich and the other telented developers, designers and artists feel when they share any of their magnificent creations.Now I'm starting to discover a whole new dimension of this sim in the developer's arena. There's so much to play with and create that it would seem as if the only limitation was one's imagination... and the hundreds of design notes to read... ;-)I'll let you get back to studying the 757 manual. I strongly recommend that you study and try the FMS section, you'll be surprised at how much can be done. These PMDG guys are good... ;-)Enjoy!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB