Sign in to follow this  

Panel Maker (screen shots)....

Hi Norm!Thanks! Good to see you around. :-)Cheers,Matthew.

Bitmaps are great for me. I work in TIFs or TGAs if possible, but BMPs are the next best thing.

Hi Dan,OK that's great :-) I might add support (or rather a converter tool) later on for TIFs and TGAs if I can.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest dajackman

Awsome...I don't know much about creating panels, but if you would like someone like me to beta let me know. I may be able to raise some questions for the docs or something. Great job!!

Will this panel maker allow you to make guages and displays? Will it allow you to make subsystems? I am assumeing that you can create basic gauges but nothing like a a320 nav system? Am I wrong I hope so!

Hopefully, the purpose of panel maker to provide people with an easier way to make panels, so that they don't need to know how Fly!II handles gauges etc. A little understanding will be required for connecting gauges to subsystems, but this will be in the help files. So I need people who don't know much about making panels for Fly!II to test it. :-)Cheers,Matthew.

Panel maker will allow you to make gauges that cover (almost) all the gauges in the aircraft in Fly!II, plus a few more that I will probably throw in, that I found were missing. It won't allow you do make completely custom EFIS style displays, as these need to be coded and compiled using the SDK. Panel maker is also not a subsystems editor (that may come later.... but I can't promise anything), as in real aircraft, panels in Fly! just display data generated by the subsystems.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest dajackman

That sounds like me...Let me know if you want me to give it a play....thanks again...look great

Matthew,Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I'm interested in the conversion of previous Fly aircraft to FlyII. In particular the C152 and Ovation, both of which were available in Fly2K but not FlyII. I know Eddie Souter is working on a C152 conversion but that is still in the build stage and not yet available.My thought was that if the panel could be brought into, say the existing FlyHawk, it would be a start. Obviously the flight dynamics would be that of the Flyhawk, but at least instrumentation could be more realistic. My motivation is to supplement real world flight training I am currently receiving in a 152, and further down the track in the Ovation.Ken Brand.Perth, Western AustraliaFlying out of YPJT.

Hi Ken,I if the systems aren't too far removed from the Flyhawk, then is should be perfectly possible to 'import' the panel into the Flyhawk. :-) Only a bit of tinkering should be necessary.Cheers,Matthew.

Cool! I'll let you guys know when a beta is ready! :-)Cheers,Matthew.

Guest Javier

Thanks Matthew for your time and your project!! this will really be another breakthrough on FLY II! just like FSIMP and the recent P51.I look forward getting your panel maker on my PC so I can start playing with some panels...Will this be a good candidate?

Guest Javier

I am sure we can animate this one! and really use it..BTW I got permit from the PIC's author ( Ricardo Morales ) to use this image for FLY.. so don't remove it...Thanks.

Hi Javier,Thanks for the nice comments. Yes, that might be a good candidate :-)Cheers,Matthew.