Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

New version of TerraShape available

Guest Colins2

Hi All,I've just posted a new version of TerraShape on my site.It's still a beta version and no doubt will have a few bugs remaining.Anyone is welcome to try it out; If you find something wrong, please let me know.ColinMy Site

Guest Fly II Pilot

Colin:Thanks a lot for the new TerraShape as well as for DexEditor and the Terrain Fixer!As soon as I have some time I'll start editing the coast for Buenos Aires (my home town) so that SABE is no longer in the river!!!What great tool!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thanks Colin!:-)Pascal__________________________________________________FLY! II tips Anti-aliasing: On some machines, you must set FSAA to 4x (GeForce2) to make it work. No need to disactivate AGP.Don't like the blurried textures? Try with FSAA on, and these values in the Render.ini :mipLevelCount=4 (if it causes problems rather set 5)mipMapFlag=128

Guest Colins2

Hi All,Thanks to Rob Westhouse for finding a couple of small bugs.These are now fixed. You can get the new build from the same link.TerraShape linkColin

Guest Rob Westhouse

QuickCAD 8 now reads the dxf files.I noticed when I uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch, that the first time I extracted coastlines 168,168 it did not create the file V168168.dxf in the P168-168 folder. I did see a file called P168-168V168168.dxf in the DATA folder. Next time I started TerraShape, it created the file in the P168-168 folder normally.I just can't get it to created a GTP file that Fly! 2 does not choke on. If I try the V168168.GTP file in the P168-168 folder, that works fine. I assume this is just extraced from coast.pod.Once I have the coastlines extracted, I rename coast.pod to coast.pod.bak and all files in it have been extracted to the COAST folder. Fly works fine with the original V168168.GTP file or the one in the P168-168 folder.If I created a dxf file, then immediately convert to Fly! format without changes, rename new.GTP to V168168.GTP and drop it over in the COAST folder, Fly! croaks. put the original GTP file back in and all is well. As well, I have not been able to get a modified coastline file to work. They too, cause a CTD in Fly! 2.For now, I am stumped.http://members.shaw.ca/fly2/images/snoopyace.gifRob Westhouse, VE5VKSaskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada"Land of Living Skies"

Guest Colins2

Rob,I explained in my email about the directory creation and filename mix-up. That is now fixed in the last build.You could see in the dxf that I sent you all the 'extra' blocks that have no coastline. Maybe these are the problem on re-converting.I always delete these blocks.I haven't had a problem with the tiles that I have converted, but I'll take a look at 168:168Colin

Guest Colins2

Rob,I think that the problem is to do with Western longitudes, i.e. minus values. I guess the same will be true of Southern lattitudes.I will have a look at the code for those routines.Colin

Guest Colins2

Rob / AllA new build is on my site now along with some extra documentation.As I live in the UK and my main interest has been European scenery, this bug slipped by. :(I hope that the fixing hasn't introduced any other ones.Feedback is most welcome.Colin