Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

Python and SendMessage function

Guest WilliamD

Tony--I have a little idea I want to play around with. Could you please email me a copy of the Yakster source. I downloaded it once from Jeff Davis' website, but can't find it on my old computer...and the links are broken at his page to the Yakster stuff.Thanks.WilliamDbilldubiak@earthlink.net

Guest andrewluck

TonyNo, these are adventure scripts so they're designed to be attached to scenario's. However, if global scripts still aren't compiling you could always compile it as a scenario and then subsequently move the .pyc file to the global directory.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest andrewluck

I have to admit to being stumped here. I cannot get a Python script to operate the fuel shutoff valve in the Cessna.Here's the device in flyhawk.gas - Fuel Shutoff Valve (used by Scripts) - fSub kill -- connects to Fuel Shutoff Valve -- shut 1 The script is trying to turn this on and off so I'm using the following fragments:# necessary global messagesfuelMessage = Message(MSG_SETDATA, ID('kill'), ID('st8t'))####################################### Turn on/off the fuel shutoff valve######################################def KillFuel(): global fuelMessage fuelMessage["intData"] = 0 fuelMessage["id"] = MSG_SETDATA SendMessage(fuelMessage)def RestoreFuel(): global fuelMessage fuelMessage["intData"] = 1 fuelMessage["id"] = MSG_SETDATA SendMessage(fuelMessage)######################################This code is identical to other functions that control other systems and appear to work OK so I just can't see where the fault lies here. This is about the last problem I have with the supplied Taking Chances scripts so once I get this cracked then I can release the new scripts. Trouble is, I've been looking at this on and off for a couple of weeks now and can't see the solution. Can anyone help?Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH