Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

My Deb idles at redline...

Guest artl

You will notice that if you pull the prop back, the idle RPM creeps to the same RPM that would occur for that prop setting at full power (2600 for full-forward on the prop, but correspondingly lower for more prop pull-back).Which leads me to believe more strongly that its a prop-speedmodelling problem at low power settings.Art.

Maybe you could fix it! :-)As stated in the read me-I "borrowed" a flight model for this bird, and really have no knowledge in this area.The next version will have a new model which is right now being developed. I am sure it will be accurate in this area, all though like all flight models it may fall short somewhere.Apparently-there are problems with using an older flight models (pre ms2002) with ms2002-and this is possibly one of them. In all seriousness, if you know how to fix this-go for it!http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest artl

Actually, I have absolutely NO knowledge of FS design. I see thesecfg files and can pick through them to work out some things.What I tend to do now is trial and error sort of stuff on them.... "make a big change here... see what it does ... okay thatdoesn't affect what I want, reset it and try something else, etc..." I have no idea, for example, as to the design of an .air file. I have programming experience, but no XML. I could become interested in development for FS, but I would need someone to give me a list of tools I should have, and stuff I should read.... I assume there is stuff for decompiling (and for creating...) the .air files, etc... and a "real"description of all the cfg entries would be nice. I probably would not be that interested in scenery or even in "new" design, but I do have some patience for tracking downspecific problems and tweaking...Art.

As far as I know-that is the only way. The list of tools is not really there-the microsoft sdk's offer not much info. It is very time consuming and not too rewarding -and usually if you fix one thing it breaks another.Which is why a nice expert in these matters has offered to help for the next version. :-)http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest Scott Campbell

Geof,That's always a nice thing to have - expert help. ;-)When (if ever) I get some time I am really looking forward to flying your baby. Of course, I'm still looking for a really good Saratoga, too. ;-) When you win the lottery and buy one, can you make an FS model, too? ;-)

Guest artl

I found out that if you "pump" the throttle rapidly, and catch itjust right, you can get it to settle back downward to 1100 ratherthan going up to 2600.I am suspecting the Propeller-Thrust-Coefficent table in the air file, but can't prove anything yet.Art.

Hi. If you set your Null to about 5-10% you should be able to get about 1100 RPM. TV