Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

POD file edits

I podded (using TerraScene) some scenery in Portland OR yesterday and forgot to remove some TerraModels from an old version of KPDX from my DATA/DXXXYYY directory. As a result, the TM's got Podded into my new POD. This is a problem b/c the old KPDX TM's have incorrect elevations and "float". I want to replace this old TM scenery with Wayne's new KPDX.Bottom line: I have the new (incorrect) POD. I still have the raw files in the DXXXYYY directory from TerraScene - I didn't delete them yet. I tried to POD the raw files using "MakePOD" but didn't know how to use the switches correctly. Can someone direct me to the instructions for doing so? I searched the forum and couldn't figure this out.Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest nycflyer

Dave,You could use the FlyII file manager to catalog the pod to a response file, and also extract all the pod files.Then open the response file, remove the entries for the /data/xxxxx files that you want to remove. After that, run the FlyII file manager to repod with the new response file minus the unwanted entries. I would move your current Data, Art, and Models folders out to a temp location for this. After you repod move your original Data, Art, and Models folders back to the FlyII directory.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Thanks Scott. I will attempt this as soon as I can get to the PC. Just to be sure (I'm not in front of the Fly!2 manuals), do I first go to the scenery editor (CTRL-E) for this? -DK--David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I'm home now and cannot seem to figure out how to use the Fly!2 file manager. I looked under all menus. I also went to CTRL-E Scenery Editor and didn't find anything that appeared to leve me extract all the POD files.Did you mean, "Use PODView" to extract the entire POD to its raw directories? If I do that, I don't know where to find this mysterious response file (TXT). I didn't see any TXT file created in the directory structure DATADXXXYYY. Only the raw data elements that were previously in my POD.Thanks for your suggestion and help with this. -DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest nycflyer

When you launch FlyII, hold down , this will bring up a window where you can choose "File Manager". When that opens, (it's a terminal window), choose the option to "Catalog pod to a response file" and continue with the process. will get you out of the file manager.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Eagle

You can also go to the TOOLS directory in FlyII and use the Podview program to extract your files.