Sign in to follow this  
Guest roland_lfor

SDK V 240 documentation

Guest roland_lfor

Does someone have an updated documentation for the SDK comming with the last patch ?It seems that the official doc I have, has been written for Fly! 1.I can imagine that P.D.M.G team, final patch team and other third party developers can have a more recent information.I have other projects in my mind for Fly! II, but it will require a minimum SDK information, and I think it's necessary to keep Fly! alive.Any information, even partial, is welcome !Thanks

Roland,Someone with experience in programming and working with the SDK will have to respond to this, but I can tell you that during the Beta Patch building process (about 5 generations before v240 was released) Rich always included a number of SDK folders and files with each beta test sequence.Beyond the original doc which you speak of, check out the Includes and Samples folders, where there may be new documentation or at least, some data in text form. Rich included these folders several times when sending us updates.Finally, all SDK-related changes and functions for v230-v240 were listed in the large Readme file that appeared in the Fly!II root directory after the installation of the v240 patch.

Randall Rocke

Guest roland_lfor

Thanks Randall for this precious information.It will help me a lot.Do you know if there is such similar doc from Fly!1 to Fly!II V230 SDK ?

Guest Chris Wallace

No, the only official SDK documentation is the PDF from Fly! 1. For the new functions, you can only refer to comments in the header files, the samples that Rich provided, or other source code examples which have been uploaded to AVSIM.One of the biggest areas of change is in the new UI widgets, but there are source code examples which show how to use them. If you have questions about specific callbacks or API functions, post them here and folks may be able to help answer them.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest roland_lfor

ThanksI'm sure I will, in the next weeks