Sign in to follow this  

Placing objects with the editor

I am currently trying to build up the scenery at an existing airport. I added Taxiways and now I try to place objects with the editor. This is working fine, but some objects (buildings) seem to be misplaced after saving. Anyone else with this problem.I read in this forum, that there is a manual for this editor. But in my package (US-Version) there was none. On the CD and my HDD there is also no manual. Maybe I

This can be very tricky, for example I have just added the lighthouse to my 2nd version of Liverpool John Lennon Airport scenery. I placed it to were it is so you can see it on final. Clicked save. When I looked again it had vanished to another location nearby??Yes it makes me mad, but you have to put up with it.I can give you some little tips though.Say I was adding scenery with the built in editor to my airport, I would add just one thing and then go to the data folder (D124172) and re name the sceneryA file to eggp1, put it in a temp folder.Go back to FlyII open up the editor and add the next building or aircraft, save your work,close and go back to the data folder and rename your new file to eggp2 and so on. Putting the files back in the data folder you found them in. Test it to see what it looks like. Doing it this way is long and drawn out but saves the problem of that "pesky" editor moving or even loosing your work. All The BestSteve[/div] [align=center]http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.gif][/div

G'day, >>I read in this forum, that there is a manual for this >editor. But in my package (US-Version) there was none. On >the CD and my HDD there is also no manual. Maybe I

I found it already and printed it out, but it didnt solve my problem. I wonder if it has to do with selecting one or multiple objects.Will patch up to final patch tonight, which i didn

G'day mate,Just from memory1. Don't fly/teleport to the area you want to work on and then enter the editor. Enter the editor whilst you are a fair distance away and slew to your work area.2. Don't cross tile boundaries to place models. (in same session)3. Don't place multiple models and then save. Save each individual model placement as you go.In the early days of Fly! II we used to lose models after placement and then someone discovered that all their lost models were up near the north pole at a certain Latitude/longitude (forget exact location).All the above is from memory only but might be worth a try.Do a search under Rich Harvey as I'm pretty sure it was in one of his posts way way back.It's possible someone may have printed out this info.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

How do I know if i cross a tile boundary?Do I have to exit just the editor or fly2 as a whole after saving?

G'day , When you are in the editor the current tile numbers and cursor lat/long are displayed in the editor window. As far as I know just exiting the editor is all that's required. However I have seen posts that recommend exiting the editor without running Fly! II and then editing the attributes of the scenerya files to read only; to prevent Fly!II from changing any values within the scenery files. That could be worth a try! All of my previous post was just from a very old blurred memory. The ramblings of an old codger :-) I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any of it.I went back and read the manual and there is a referrence to saving before going more than 30 miles. What it is that causes that limitation I don't know but the editor has always been a little "flakey" to say the least.Cheers,Roger

Thanks for your help!In a long nights session I completed my airport and it looks very nice. At the apron I low fps but it is working fine.I don