Sign in to follow this  

Panel Maker Beta....... need testers

Hi everyone!I will soon be looking for a few beta testers for Panel Maker. At this stage, the beta is an early beta, (as opposed to a beta which is nearer a release candidate) and I just need two or three testers to make sure it will work on other machines. If you would like to help out, then please reply to this post to register your interest. Ideally, you should have some experience of messing about with PBG, PBM files (i.e. creating artwork in the Fly!II format) and experience of tinkering with Fly!II panels would be helpful (only because I don't have any documentation for Panel Maker yet).Cheers,Matthew :-)

Guest Fly II Pilot

Count me in!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest CaptainJ

Yes Please! :-)

I could try it right away with my Columbia 300 work. It might help me get this thing out the door. Thanks!

I would love to help you test the Panel Maker program. I have a few projects on the go, one of which is at the panel stage now. I have been playing with the default gauges and my own art work quite a bit recently but having mainly worksd with MSFS and Panel Design Studio the hand coding for Fly is quite a challenge. I have several machines here for testing, running win98, win2k and XP.RegardsDavid

Hi Guys,This is excellent, thanks for your offers! I need to sort out a few more things, so that the basics are in place, but hopefully I'll try and upload something later today, or tomorrow morning. I'll probably send you guys an e-mail with a URL for the download - I'll send it using your AVSIM e-mail addresses (unless you want to e-mail me another address that you'd rather use).Cheers,Matthew.

I'm not sure what e-mail address Avsim has or how to check. Anyway my current address is garrody@ntlworld.com . So if I can help you then drop me a mail.Best WishesDavid

Hi guys,I've e-mailed you some details about the beta. Please check your e-mail addresses, Jarno, I sent yours to your hotmail address.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest jsippy

Matt,I know that you are working (or planning to work on) a Mac DLL for the P51, so that gets me to wondering...Is the panel maker going to be a PC or Mac release, or Both?---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB

Hi John,Unfortunately, Panel Maker is only for the PC. I have thought over, and over again about attempting to port it to the Mac, but I really don't have enough knowledge at the moment to do this. I did consider shifting the whole project over to Java, then it would be platform independent, but it would probably also run like a pig on stilts!!Cheers,Matthew.p.s. Hopefully I'll get some free time this week to try and sort the dlls out - thanks for your patience :-)

Guest jsippy

Thank you for your patience, I know that people have been getting pushy about the P-51 Mac DLL. Believe me, if I had the time I would be porting DLL's over as well.I think I can speak for the entire Fly community and say that we are greatful for your time and efforts.---John R. SippyChicago, IL, USAPowerMacG4 -Dual 5001024MB RAMnVidiaGF2 - 32MB