Sign in to follow this  

Error in my new ATR42-300

Hi all,Aniette has discovered an error in my last visual model for the ATR, the port and starboard textures for part of the fuselage are mirrored.It has happened twice during the development of the aircraft's visual model. First it was the vertical stabilizer, now it has been the foward fuselage section: port and starboard textures are the same but mirrored, althoug I designed it with different textures to allow non-symmetrical textures (typically those having text).I believe that must be a bug in gmax. When I saw that happening in the tail surface I thought it was my mistake and corrected it. The nose area I positively know that was OK one week ago, when I was trying some repaints for a VA, and I placed text in the nose sections, which was showing OK on both sides. I didn't touch the nose area since then, but other parts, so i think it must have been Gmax removing the texture mapping on one of the sides.I'll post a corrected mdl file at eureka.ya.com/pacosancas as soon as possible.PacoPS by the way, there is a mistake which is indeed my fault in the readme file: it is not Sur Air livery, but Avianova livery. Sorry for that. I took the wrong readme file from the repaint I'm making for them.

Guest Boone

Hi Paco,I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for such a wonderful addition to my library. The model is fantastic and the panel is second to none. After reading the manual it is a real joy to operate and fly. I only start this beauty cold!Do you know if the actual plane is as responsive as your version? I noticed she will rise at the slightest of touches.Regards,Boone

Guest Pabra

Thanks Paco, for correcting the vc; now it appears to be spot on, longitudinal as well as vertical! :-) And it is visually much more "dressed up" now. Job well done!!If you're planning for further upgrading the vc, may I suggest that the window posts be a bit "rounded"? One could get hurt from those sharp edges! ;-)(my final comment!)Paul Brand

Hi,The elevator sensitivity is OK with my yoke at home and with the settings I have in FS and FSUIPC, but I admit these settings are not standard at all, and it can be different on a different setup. I will in any case make an update in my webpage with some other fixes as well - as the diving that can happen when the propeller pitch is suddenly cahnged.One advice if you plan to adjust the sensitivity, or the elevator parameters yourself: don't do it with FSedit, use a text editor instead. FSedit has an undocumented feature: when run, it will not only edit the aircraft.cfg file, but will also alter any settings in the air file which the program finds not to match the MS standard. The air file for this aircraft has many tailor-made sections for the propellers, which will be spoiled by FSedit.Thanks for your feedback,Paco

Hi,There are a few things I would like to correct on the VC, i will try more rounded posts, although rounded items are usually a problem with respect to frame rates. I'll give it a try. In any case, the mods I'm talking about will mean a rather deep re-work on some parts, so it's not for the near future, perhaps it will come together with the ATR72.Paco

Hiya,I would like to apologise for my Atr American Eagle repaint but things sort of went wrong when the texture transfers to final release ATR .I should have waited but was in to much hurry :)It is a problem Paco is going to fix but with such a great Aircraft it is a teeny detail when you think of how many things can unexplained go wrong .I shall wait untill the patch before doing anymore repaint because it is impossible to get lines perfect and my Ego gettting a bit Bashed seeing my lines go squiffy.I think Paco needs a Long rest after all this work :)Mapping textures is a Big mystory !Now I go dismiss my quality controle department.Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

Personally, I couldn't find anything to complain about with the Eagle repaint. If you are upset about the slight mismatch in the stripes where the nose section joins the forward fuselage, then you truely are a perfectionist. Of course if there is some sort of mirror image problem not evidenced by the Eagle repaint since both sides of the forward nose section are alike, then that is definitely something to be fixed.Since you're both still working on it, I'll throw out a few suggestions. I've noticed that some of the textures on the cockpit seats in the VC are incorrect. They seem to be textures from the cockpit panels, showing circuit breakers and switches on the seats.The US flag on the starboard side of aircraft should actually be a reverse image of the port side flag. The blue field should always be on the forward part of the flag. Otherwise, the flag appears to retreat when the aircraft is viewed from the rightside.I noticed that the registration number of the repaint aircraft also shows up on the panel. A very nice touch. Can't remember whether that was also the case with your first version.

Squiffy is French for?:-hmmm and dismissing your quality controle department is?:-hmmm YOU! What will we ever do without YOU, Anniette!:-lol

OH NO ,I messed up the US flag :(I am Sorry I never new that and looking for ages did not realise what was meant till suddenly I realise !It will not happen again now I understand the blue stary piece always faces forwards :)Anniette (red in the face)

Thanks "W" :)The Fix has now been sorted so I am back to painting again :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

Hey "W"I am not going to do that.The main perpose is AI aircraft so i shall get on with the DELTA connection i have nearly finished using the patch model paco send me .I think to be safe i may include it in repaint files as I upload to make sure everyone gets it.After Delta I do Other requests I had :)Toni Rauch =ARKIA (Israeli airline)richard_dillon =Delta Connections/ASA Paul Brand=Lufthansa / BritishLobaeux4= Gill Airways, Air Ukraine, AeroMexico, Finnair, Iberia, Air Liberte, T.A.M., LOT, El Al, Malev, Olympic, Bangkok Airways, TACA, Tunis Air, and VietnamKevinAu=Continental Expressgolfbravo=Pan Am Express /Continental Express Darek.=EuroLOTAnniette xxxxxxxxxxxx