Sign in to follow this  

Flattenator

I noticed some posts about Flattenator crashing for people if they tried to use 'Advanced-Load' with grid tile x,y of greater than 31.I too am having the same problem. So I cant view/determine which super tiles I need to edit, and cant edit them using Flattenator.Is there any solution to this?Also, can anyone help me understand the TRN files? I was able to determine which super tile is involved, by running flattenator on the airport (not advanced), which then set the relevant elevations to the airports correct Alt. Using a program to compare file differences, I can see which super tile was altered. I viewed the flatten.doc help, It states:14.) Find the elevetion entry for this Super Tile. It contains the elevation data for all 25 vertices of this Super Tile. Change and save.But it doesnt explain which vertices to change? What are the 25 for?Im guessing its a 5x5 area? But what order are they listed in?(edit) While Im thinking about it, since It mentions I may need to edit surrounding Super Tiles if I touch the edges. What order are the super tiles in? I need to edit Super Tile 4,3. What would be its surrounding super tiles?Any help would be greatly appreciated. Im completely lost!

Nick,I downloaded your document when I was trying to get a handle on the .trn files for Alaska. It was very helpful, even in it's unfinished form. Hope you get a chance to finish it as it is very nicely done.Don

Guest Fly II Pilot

Nick,I just downloaded it... what a great job at documenting processes! It's very thorough and clear.Just a minor one: in the 8x8 high detail tile section it says it has 91 elevation points, I think it should say 81 (9 x 9).Thanks again!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thanks for the words of encouragement, guys. They go a long way in motivating me to finish it up. I almost made time to work on it last weekend....almost. The part that you've already seen took me about 24 hours to create over the course of a few weekdays and an entire weekend. I still need to run a few tests to verify or disprove a couple things already in the document. Then I plan on running through some examples of fixing the KDFW seam between globe tiles. I would also like to make it a pdf and as a web page like the Enhanced Terrascene Tutorial.Alejandro, you are 100% correct! Thanks for pointing out the error.nick

Hey nick!I got it fixed. Without your document, I'd have never been able to fix it! Excellent work!RE: code for naming of graphics. The following file I believe had a description of the coding convention for the sliced globe tile graphics for version 2k. Probably wont be the same as for Fly! II, but will lead you in the right direction.Filename: flysceneryeditorprimer_v2-0.zip Author: Larry Jones http://library.avsim.com/esearch.php?CatID=FlyDev&DLID=4955