Sign in to follow this  

Need help with TerraShape and TurboCAD LE

Been trying to reshape the coastal areas of Japan as many coastal airports are in the water. Have downloaded and installed TerraShape v1.1 and upgraded to v1.2b. Also downloaded and installed the free TurboCAD LE. So far so good. To get used to these new programs and see how they work, I have followed the instructions as in the manual for TerraShape v1.2b using Nice airport as an example. Everything seems to work fine. However, the problem starts when I want to import the MERGE.DXF file in TurboCAD LE. It just won't do it. Any dxf file created with TerraShape gives me the same error message: File format error Line 0I thought this problem was resolved from the posts I have read. Why do I still get this message and am unable to read dxf files?Would greatly appreciate any guidance. For your information I'm running Windows 2000 Pro on a Pentium 4 2.40GHz computer.Thanks in advance for anyone's help. P.S. Posted the same thread in the Fly! General Forum.

G'day Danny, I'm using Terrashape 1.2.2.36 with win 98 SE and not experiencing your problem. I haven't a clue as to why you are having this error other than the above. Are you using 1.2.2.36 Terrashape?? From the sound of your post you are but just thought that it was worth mentioning. edit: just went and created a runway dxf file with TerraShape and opened it in Turbocad LE - no problem.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Roger,Thanks for your help. I noticed your version number differed from mine. Your version is 1.2.2.36 and mine was 1.2.2.27. Both updated files were named v12b but created at different times. I had downloaded the earlier one. I redownloaded the upgrade, and it is the latest version now. I tried it and it works. Thanks a bunch again for pointing me in the right direction. Will be creating some new Japanese coastal airports if everything works fine, including Kansai.Cheers,

Guest Colins2

DannyWelcome to the wonderful world of TerraShape :)It is seriously time consuming, but extremely satisfying at the end.I have had several problems with the dxf routines due to the way that different cad programs create them.I think that I have it cracked now - at least they should work OK in TurboCAD LE.I am still developing this program and an updated tutorial will be available soon.Keep checking the site, any new builds will be put there.Colin

Thanks, Colin for your great program. Hope I'll be able to master it so I can put all those Japanese airports on dry land and create an island for Kansai.Keep up the good work. Will be checking your site for updates.Cheers,