Sign in to follow this  

Peter Jacobson / Taxiways

Does anyone know how to contact Peter Jacobson? The email in his taxiways.doc appears to no longer be valid.Does anyone know how to edit/read the taxiway files?Ive used his program many a time with little problem... but recently have run into this problem twice. (My last two projects) Its very frustrating, because I can find no way to 'remove' these corruptions, once they happen apart from starting over completely from scratch! :(I have discovered that a taxiway width of 5.0, will yeild a single solid yellow line, that merges well with other taxiways. It works very well like a taxi/parking line with just a centerline. I believe, since I have just started using this method, that it is what in the end is causing the random corruption.If anyone knows how to read these files, I'd appreciate it. I really would love it if I could just edit out the offending lines.As you can see, the blocks are yellow, which is why I suspect a corrupt 'line'.http://home.earthlink.net/~scissors2/fly/s...ns/fly!0019.jpg

Guest Colins2

BradTerraShape will read the taxiway files and convert them to dxf so that they can be viewed in a cad program/viewer.It will not, however, allow you to re-create taxiways from the dxf afterwards.I implemented this feature just so that users who wish to edit the DCW shapefiles can 'see' the runways and taxiways and use them for reference whilst editing the other vector lines.If you want to try TerraShape out, it's on my site now.ColinMy Site

Can you share what you know about the taxiway file formats? If I can figure out how to read them/whats in the file, it would save me having to completely recreate them.