Sign in to follow this  

Fly!edit.exe crash, cant use taxiway editor

ErrorCDigitizer::open - Bad HandleFile: C:FlightFlightcorePAD.CPPLine: 156 ErrorCode: (blank)Anyone able to offer suggestions on this error? I have a USB Pen/Pad, Im assuming it see's that I have a pad, and not realizing that its USB, attempts to initialize the COM port unsuccessfully.Is there a way to tell it to ignore the Pad? Does anyone know 'how' it checks for the existance of a pad? (like does it look for a registry key?) Any suggestions at all?Thanks,Brad

Brad,Are you using Peter Jacobson's Taxiway Editor program? If you're trying to use the one in the Fly! Editor, you are in for a hard time indeed - no one's used that for some time now, and yes, there are settings you would have to make for the port.

Randall Rocke

Yes, I was trying to use the original Fly! taxiway editor.USB doesnt use COM port settings. What settings would be required for USB?Or better yet, what can I do to just disable Fly attempting to use the pad?

Don't use it! The old Taxiway editor from TRI is very, very clumsy and inefficient. Even if you were able to get it to function, I doubt your pad would be compatible, as the software was proprietary and designed for one particular pad. The Port setting is defaulted to Com 2. Those of us who used it in the Stone Age were able to get it to work with a few pads (and our mice) by changing the port to Com 1. The setting is in the fly.ini file under the Editor heading:padComPort=2. We simply changed it to "1" to work with most of our mice.Again, just get the Jacobson Taxiway Editor and have at it. The first version is under Fly! in the library - it requires the Fly! Editor in part of the process.The second version (the best!) came with the 3-patch and later for Fly!II. You'll find it in the Fly!II taxiway folder along with an instructional document. It doesn't require the use of Flyedit and works great with both Fly! versions.

Randall Rocke

Youre not hearing me. I WANT to run the TRI taxiway editor. 2 reasons. 1) Attempt to repair errors created by Peters Taxiway editor. See: http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID192) To document the bug that I swear allows you to recreate the 3rd file required to edit taxiways. (TXP) (Thus all the taxiways that shipped with fly are editable...)I also DONT WANT to use my pad.

Nevermind, got it to work... a few times today. Got there error again once after having used it fine. *shrug* Oh well... Got in long enough to figure out that you can get editable taxiways from BGR/TMS, you'll just have to recreate your custom polygons.Will deal with the other problem now that I've got it running.

As I stated, reset the Pad setting in fly.ini to COM 1 and see if it will allow you to use your mouse. If not, obtain an old mouse and use the COM port.

Randall Rocke