Sign in to follow this  

Q's: FSImport and ZModeller

Is anyone here using Zmodeller? Does FSImport import models created with GMax?Thanks,Brad

Hi,I use MAKEMDL (from the FS2002 SDK). I export the objects in Zmodeler as .x file (1 File, containing all objects from an airport; you have to mirror them with inside out) and then compile this .x file with MAKEMDL into a .BGL.Then I make a second BGL with "Airport for windows" containing runways, taxiways, .....I you select "keep Files" in MAKEMDL, you get the .ASM files. You can convert them into SCASM (manuelly with copy and paste. It takes about 5 minutes per file) In this case you can make an API for each object and reuse them in Airport for Windows.You can download my cars to see in the SCASM-code how it is done.Harald

> Have you tried using BGLC vice SCASM on the *.asm files.No, I use SCASM to compile. The reason is, that Airport for Windows produces .SCA-Files that I can edit to add displaced thresholds etc.>>Have you tried making any aircraft using ZModeller?No, only static AircraftLiebe Gr

Sorry to but in on an old conversation, but I believe the Zanoza Modeller (aka Zmodeler) is only good for 'static' models because it doesn't do 'keyframe animation' which is required for FLY!II 'Dynamic' Aircraft. From what I have heard, only higher end Modeling software like 3DS, TrueSpace, and even Gmax, will do keyframe. (I may be wrong on this as Zmodeler has a feature called 'Multiple files export' which may have something to do with animated parts.)Keyframe animation is a way of ID'ing certain 'parts' for animation over 32 frames (0 to 31). Each frame shows the part in a slightly different position and when you move a control wheel, or press a button, the sim will cycle through the required frames to make the part appear to move. Somewhere in this forum there are discussions about this (or maybe that was the 'old' forum?).I have wondered if you could setup a static model to fly, and why not? You just don't have a lot of the systems of more complex simulated aircraft (and it seems to be a good way to check out the models!). But I haven't seen it done yet.Happy Flying! :-waveT.C.

Maybe I'm a bit off-topic, but: Is there any way to extract an airport out of a pod file? Which software do I have to use and what format will I get??TIA,CarstenBTW: Blender (www.blender.org) is an excellent modelling software, that is also capable of keyframe animation. Unfortunately I do not know, if it is possible to export from blender to Fly!